CasualObserver

2015 Annual Garden Tractor Daze (Portage WI) July 10-12, 2015

CasualObserver

The dates for the next Annual Garden Tractor Daze have been posted. This is an all brands show at the fairgrounds in Portage Wisconsin, just about 10-15 miles south of the Wisconsin Dells. There is a swap meet area, and last year they had a Garden Tractor pull. I thought it was a great show, and am planning to go again. This year it will also be the 50th Anniversary of the Case Garden Tractors, celebrating the first (130 and 180) models.  At the bottom of this post is a link to last year's thread on this show. It was a good time, and there were a few of us Wheel Horse guys there. Be nice to see some more this year. No matter what you want to bring, it's sure to be a great show!

The following was posted by Bret Esse on the Facebook page.

"The National Show for the 50th Anniversary of the 1965 Case 130 and 180 Garden Tractors"[
July 10th 11th 12th - 2015
300 Superior St. (Veterans Memorial Field - Columbia County Fairgrounds
Portage, WI 53901
Facebook: Annual "Garden Tractor Daze" in Portage WI

If you are bringing a Case 130 or 180 to the show please let us know. We will be dedicating a Nearly New Pole Barn entirely for these garden tractors and will be sequentially lining them up for display. Condition does not matter restored or unrestored. The Case 130, 180 garden tractors were never documented by Case as to the total production made of either tractor....so lets see how many we can get together! This will be an informative weekend for Case collectors inside this building, don't miss it.

Here is a link to last years thread on this show.  

• Like 3

Shynon

Going to put this one on the calendar. 

Tom

• Like 3

Terry M

Made plans to be at this show all three days :)   Looking forward to it!!

• Like 1

Bret

Thank you for starting this thread for our show :-)  I appreciate any and all help spreading the word.  I would really Love to see a Massive Wheel Horse Invasion at the show.  Two years ago it was crazy, we went from having no AC at 8:00am Friday morning to 42 of them showing up all at once!  We are having Garden Tractor Pulls again this year on Friday night, Wisconsin Garden Tractor Pullers will be putting on the show.  LAWN AND GARDEN TRACTOR MAGAZINE WILL BE ATTENDING THIS YEAR AND KATE WILL BE LOOKING FOR STORIES FOR THE MAGAZINE.  Here is some more updates on the show:   

4th Annual “Garden Tractor Daze†July 10th 11th 12th
Portage, WI at the Columbia Co. Fairgrounds 300 Superior St.
Fri 12:00-5:00pm Sat 8:00-5:00 Sun 8:00-3:00

We are welcoming ALL Garden Tractors Unrestored or Restored WE WANT TO SEE THEM ALL.

We are also hosting “The National Gathering for the 50th Anniversary of the 1965 Case 130 & 180 Garden Tractors". The first year for Case garden tractors was 1965! Please bring yours to show.

The 2014 Best in show winner is owned by Travis Gottschalk. Travis will be attending again this year with his stunning John Deere. Travis’s John Deere will be on this year’s “Garden Tractor Daze†Dash Plaques and T-shirts. Will Your Tractor be Best in Show Winner and be on next years?

Activities include a Low Idle Competition, Pedal Pulls, Indoor/Outdoor Flea Market, HUGE Garden Tractor Swap Meet (Great place to buy and sell), GT Balancing Beam, Barrel Train rides, pony rides, DJ, and more.

Come L@@K, Sell, Ride, Judge, Eat, Buy, Show, & Smile! Call for more details: Bret 608-297-7400 Hotel discounts and limited camping available.

*****LAWN & GARDEN TRACTOR MAGAZINE IS ATTENDING THIS YEAR...THANKS KATE

*****JOHN DEERE COLLECTORS…HAPCO INC. WILL ALSO BE ATTENDING TOO WITH YOUR NEW/VINTAGE REPRODUCTION JOHN DEERE PARTS!

prondzy

Sounds like a good show, Really going to try and make it

• Like 1

tractorchick

Lawn and Garden Tractor Magazine & HAPCO will be there! 

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Talked with JoeBob yesterday.  I think we are both going to make this show...it does look like a good time.  :)

• Like 4

squonk

Steve, be sure to wear your Cutler jersey!  :)  :ychain:  :)

eddie%20lacy%202_zpspy3mevzo.gif

• Like 1

Terry M

Just wondering who's still planning on going to this show??   I will be there as long as the weather forcast is favorable...:)

• Like 1

Shynon

Plan is leaving early am on Friday, return on sunday. Bringing 6 tractors and attachments and returning with 7 tractors and attachments. :woohoo:

• Like 1

prondzy

Looking forward to it! Getting tractors ready as we speak.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

I'll be there. Can't leave early like I was planning though, I'll see you guys early afternoon on Friday.

• Like 2

CasualObserver

Just heard from @sallysaurus the other day that he was still planning to go. Pretty sure @stevasaurus is going to make an appearance this year. @Bret is setting this up to be a big show this year with the Case 50 year anniversary.

• Like 3

Terry M

Planning to leave very early AM on friday........Hope the weather is good too:)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I should be up there before 11:00 AM Friday.  :)

• Like 1

squonk
post-8805-0-25880100-1412478785_thumb.th
  • Like 1

wheelhorseman

I plan on leaving either 1:00 or 5:00pm on Friday depending on work and weather

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Jason, what are the facilities...can we camp there, can we sleep with our horses?  It did not look like motels were real close.  What  is the scoop??

CasualObserver

Hey Steve... @stevasaurus Joe @joebob  or Tom @Shynon can fill you in better than I on that one. I know there is camping, and they both are. I don't think there are any hotels right by the grounds, but there are some on the north end of town around the I-39 exit and a couple miles south ... where I-39 and 90/94 split. I'll have the fam along and am meeting more family there so no camping for me. Maybe next year.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Thanks Jason...trying to get a hold of Joe.  :)

Shynon

Yes Steve camping is on the grounds, not sure if it next to your horse or in another area, food vendors there till close, No campfires (no flickering lights):ROTF:

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Make sure you pack your Wisconsin state bird repellent. They're big and hungry this year.
WI_state_bird.thumb.jpg.5de23909ca5fdf3aWI_state_bird2.thumb.jpg.3c0c1ca574d1a8c

• Like 4

prondzy

Loaded up and ready to hit the road first thing Friday morning!       :auto-layrubber:

20150708_185818.jpg

• Like 1

Terry M

you might want to double check things Mike.....looks like the trailer's on it's side..:unsure:.... I'm thinking Andrew and I will just be bringing our Lawn Rangers in a rental trailer.       Still planning on leaving early friday morning and hoping the forecast for the chances of rain do not increase...

prondzy

Well back from a great show lots of great people and tractors, thought I'd share a few pics with everyone. The first was wheel horse row 

colt was in the feature building with case

Here's a case demonstrator model

custom cases a dozer an orchard and a tricycle

this was an amphibicar

a panzer I always liked the color of these

this was our neighbors at the shows tractors the front one is a 140 and yes that is a three bottom plow!

wheel horse row again

a custom sulky for the kids

It was a great show can't wait to go again next year!

20150711_124419.jpg

20150711_124447.jpg

20150710_140452.jpg

20150710_140543.jpg

20150711_123051.jpg

20150711_123758.jpg

20150711_123822.jpg

20150712_070123.jpg

20150711_122811.jpg

20150710_133723.jpg

Edited by prondzy
  • Like 2