Dhodge

Powder Coating

Dhodge

Can anybody give me advise on what brands, suppliers and shades of red, black and white powder coating colors to use on a couple of my Suburban and R J projects?

I have the gun and the oven and have been dying to give powder coating a try. 

Any tips, hints and suggestions are also welcome. 

AJ_Thanatos

Martin is the man for this question. Im pretty sure all of his tractors get powder coated!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

You can do a search for powder coat or powder coating and get a mass of information on it.

If you look in the paint recommendations thread in restorations I think the codes for the powder have been posted there.

• Like 1

Geno

Martin is the man for this question. Im pretty sure all of his tractors get powder coated!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I think Martin works for a powder coat co.  He does some really nice stuff.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

Martin

Do a search on here. Much has been posted on the subject in the past couple of years. I can give you all the paint numbers for what I use at work, but unless you have access to buying powder from the big suppliers such as PPG or have a contact, the info will be useless. As far as colors go, I use Case IH Red (now called AG RED UD Polyester) for the red, some form of medium gloss black from either case ih (MS45 black UD polyester) or john deere (F9TR) The older off white I use is 'oyster white' which is an RAL 1013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

catcher77

I buy International Harvester Red from Columbia Coatings in Tennessee. This is a good match and I normally buy 5lbs or 10lbs at a time. And as Martin said RAL 1013 for the white, they also have it.

• Like 1

Martin

I buy International Harvester Red from Columbia Coatings in Tennessee. This is a good match and I normally buy 5lbs or 10lbs at a time. And as Martin said RAL 1013 for the white, they also have it.

just as a matter of interest, what do you pay per lb. for red and white?

catcher77

It is about $10.50lb delivered.

Martin

All things considered, that's not too bad......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk