PeacemakerJack

Plowing with a GT 14?

PeacemakerJack

I purchased a GT 14 this last spring. It needs a restoration which I plan to do sometime down the road. The tractor came with 3pt and the rear inner split wheel weights. I have recently gotten into GT plowing with my off topic Cub 100. It seems to me that the GT 14 would make a really nice plowing tractor with the high ground clearance and heavy duty long foot print. What do you guys think? Has anyone on here used one for this purpose? If so, could I see some pictures? would it be better to use an A frame adapter and a standard Brinly or does it have enough muscle for a Brinly Cat O plow?

Aldon

I too recently ended up with 3 such tractors although I have no 3 point hitch........ yet:-)

I am interested in feedback as well.

I am sure it makes a great garden plow and tilling machine.

But certainly interested in real life feedback.

I think for the tiller you need the 3 point and specific tiller and dual pulley off hydro for belt drive to tiller.

squonk

As long as the hydro is stong there should be no problems plowing.

PeacemakerJack

I know that the Sundstrand hydro is strong enough for plowing in general. I'm not sure of the condition of the one in my tractor--I'll have to do some testing of it in the future. However, it seems to me that the high clearance and the elevated seating position would make a good plowing tractor. I'm just curious to see if anyone on here has done it and what the results were. Does the K321 have enough guts (when fresh) to lug around a beastly Cat O 12" Brinly? What about the hydraulic lift handling a brute like that? Would that tractor be large enough to handle that type of plow or would it push the tractor front end all over the place? I certainly am interested to try it, but I'd appreciate an input from some who has been there and done that. Thanks...

meadowfield

I've plowed with mine, needs full revs and works the hydro fairly hard. In hard dirt I spin the wheels or stall the engine. My tractor of choice for Plowing would have gears....

IMG-20120510-00670.jpg

Here's my dad having a go a few years ago :)

• Like 1

squonk

My no name 12 pulled my 10" Brinly easily. Getting it out of the ground with out hydro lift is another matter

PeacemakerJack

Thanks for the picture. He is cutting a real clean and straight furrow. I'd love to see a couple more of those! Squonk--I know what you are saying about arm strong lift!!! I just converted my off topic to Hydro lift-big improvement.

GT14

I don't have the 3 point hitch, but I do allot of earth moving and snow plowing. Previous owner put an Onan on it, but it burned oil pretty badly so I change to a two lung 18hp Kohler. You can push down a wall with this machine.

jeremi3210

I have two gt14 one with a loader and they work great for just about everything. Gt14, if you could please post some pics of yours with the twin kohler.