• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sarge
      I know in the past someone posted up the sizes/numbers for the o-rings that fit between the hydro pump and the steel lines' manifold blocks on the D-series - I'd imagine the ones at the pump end and rear axle are the same ....?
      Will be changing my pump soon due to the hydro to engine coupler blew out it's splines and took out the shaft along with it . Evidently a trailer weighing around 2.5 tons was too much....

I'll try to write up a post on how to build a new coupler from a later model C series pump pulley's center ring and a worn D coupler as well - trying to finish up the Ross steering box right now .

Sarge
    • By Horse's ass
      I can't seem to locate the oil plug on the transmission/hydro of the C161 auto.  Can someone please show me where the heck it is!?!?  I would think it was right on the bottom somewhere near the filter but I do not see or feel anything that looks like a oil drain.....

Thanks for your help,

Eric
    • By 1276Beast
      I am currently towards the end of a 1276 restoration project, I just got everything back together and sent power to the transmission for the first time. Without the pump on and the gear in neutral, I can spin the axels by hand, one goes one way, the other, the other way, giving me indication that I don't have a differential problem. When I put power to it, everything appears to work as advertised, except when in gear I can stop the Axel from spinning with my hand, little to no resistance. I do have a bit of a rigging problem from worn linkage, but I can move the cam by hand to get it fully in gear. The tow gear in completely closed. Just flushed and filled with fluid. I have not changed the filter. 

Any idea on why there seems to be no power in the axels??

• By classicdmax
      I know it is not best practice to push a hydro around. I've searched owners manual I printed from this site, as well as tranny manual....it seems it's on the left side but actual location is vague to me. I have a 73 16h hydro. The no name year I believe.

any help would be appreciated
      thanks
    • By lazy8's
      1976 C-120 Automatic with 12HP Kohler engine, Sundstrand hydrostatic transmission and 42 inch, side-discharge mower deck.  Also comes with a Wheel Horse dump cart (which is in rough shape); otherwise, no other attachments or implements.  Owned since new by same family; currently third generation.  Gently used every year for residential grass cutting only (<1 acre).  I’ve had it for 9 years and kept it inside; minimal surface rust (mostly paint oxidation).  Starts in less than one second, runs well and has been very reliable.  Currently will need carburetor work.  In addition, the lights, seat weight sensor and mower deck lift function have not been operable for some time.  In the last 9 years, new parts include:  PTO plate, left and right front wheel spindles, sparkplug, ignition coil, battery, starter solenoid and PTO drive belt.  It weighs about 700 pounds and purchaser will be responsible for transportation.