Solex

Mower Deck Wheels

Solex

In order to obtain a little more deck height on my 308-8, I installed new 8 inch wheels on my 37 inch deck from Tractor Supply. This type of deck has the handle on the side to raise and lower it, increasing the wheel size results in a higher cut. Unfortunately these wheels $20.00 a pair wheels just fell apart, I had the ball bearing rolling around on the garage floor.

Can anyone recommend an 8 inch wheel that they are happy with? This topic has been written about before and MFG Supply has been mentioned, but i did not see any comments on how they performed.

daveoman1966

How about the back wheels from a shopping cart at a super-market.  Are they 8"....or close.  These seem to be indestructible and MAY suit the need.  Just a thought......

Edited by daveoman1966

Trouty56

I used a set of phenolic (spelling) wheels last time...they have 6X1 1/2 and 8X1 1/2. With roller bearings. Fastenal has em.....someone posted a good site here before of where to get them. Tough as nails....

• Like 1

KC9KAS

How about the back wheels from a shopping cart at a super-market.  Are they 8"....or close.  These seem to be indestructible and MAY suit the need.  Just a thought......

Maybe, but the front wheels are ALWAYS junk!!

• Like 1

Solex

Thank You, the price looks reasonable as well on the hard plastic wheels.

Geno

Off to Wal-Mart we go.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1