Lane Ranger

Annual Leaf Pickup Begins with 1958 RJ and Parker Lawn Sweeper

Lane Ranger

I started my annual leaf pickup with my Parker Lawn Sweeper and decided to use the 1958 RJ.   I started around 9:00 am by putting the bag on the sweeper and hooking up to my Oklahoma 1958 RJ.   The Parker sweeper does a great job and I usually use my 1975 B-80 but decided to use the RJ.   The RJ in second gear is just the right speed to pick up leaves well with the Parker.   The leaves were still a little wet this am from heavy dew.

post-339-0-88582600-1414678269_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-18617100-1414678351_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-62154400-1414678367_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 3

Geno

That thing does a nice job Lane, good to see the RJ out working.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

KC9KAS

Very nice Lane.

Hey, I emailed about the mid mount blade but no response then I see you bought it

• Like 1

nhunt308

I was looking at that blade too until I looked on here...

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

End of the day photo!

post-339-0-94631000-1414708402_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

End of the day photo!

attachicon.gifIMG_6761.JPG

wait a couple of days, your neighbor's leaves will swap yards!
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Your place always looks great.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

I see the leaves lined up on the street...

so, the town still comes by to picks 'em up Lane? 

slammer302

I'm glad you posted them pics I've been a wanting to get a lawn sweeper for my suburban

Lane Ranger

The town has a Giant Vac  -kind of like the Wheel Horse cart mounted vacs or trailer vacs that are pulled behind and attached to a mower deck  with an extra motor to propel the vac.

We get the leaves to the curb and Greencastle Public Works comes by on trash day for three to four weeks in the Fall.    They came by Tuesday and today this week -not sure why but I was glad.

You can see a glimpse of the Giant Vac in this photo:

post-339-0-35371400-1414719834_thumb.jpg

Yep the neighbors leaves will be on my place sooner or later -depending on the wind !   Across the street and next door south of me for sure!   I also have a very large maple in front that has not shed much of its leaves yet !

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I stopped giving our away Lane, we compost 'em instead.

Only takes our worms one year to turn them into dirt.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Lane Ranger

Craig:  I have two Harwthorne trees and the leaves are toxic as far as I can tell to my grass and I just  built a 4 x 4 x4 compost bin out at the vegetable garden location.   I worked on that yesterday too!

• Like 1

Ken B

Nice job on the leaves Lane. Very nice RJ and that Parker sweeper is a beauty! I pretty much live in the middle of the woods and the big draw back is....Leave's... I'm surprised that with all of the budget cuts these days that they are still picking up leave's curbside for you. Squonk makes sense. I have a neighbor who's tree's are directly across the street from my front yard. BIG RED oak tree's with lots of leaves on them. Well they are fall down right in my front yard and lots of them. Its a lot of work and time to drag them all the way to the woods behind my house and after a few yrs. of doing it I said the heck with this, ain't my leave's so they are going to keep getting blown right back where they came from! My 9hp Little Wonder walk behind blower does a wonderful job taking care of that! One day my neighbor saw me blowing his leave's back into his yard and approached me with some attitude wondering why I was blowing my leave's into his yard! I told him to look around and to look up.. Ain't no Red Oaks in my front yard. He wasn't happy then and he probably still isn't... For yrs. he never raked and got rid of leaves, he just watched them all fall or get blown into my yard!

If the time comes to purchase my next house I'm going to be very careful about buying a place that is surrounded with tree's! I love the shade and I love tree's but there are lots of drawback's..

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 2

stevebo

I am very lucky to have a decent size yard but being on the top of the hill with a ton of wind and not that many trees I do not have to pick up any :)  I will do one final clean up where they get stuck around the rock walls and under the deck but that is done with my backpack blower. At my old house I had lots of leaves for sure. I tried a bunch of different ways to clean them up and the best way was using a 42' rear discharge with the mulching kit installed. You have to go slow but the finished result was more riding time and no leaves !!

Ken B

So you must be in love with that bagger setup that was on the 520 huh? Where does that fit in?  :ychain:

stevebo

I use the bagger on picking up the grass clipings and maybe at the mother in laws house to pick up leaves for her. Really no need for it here on the ponderosa for leaves... 

post-734-0-80039900-1414753629_thumb.jpg

squonk

When I first moved in 28 yrs ago the neighbor's leaves all blew into my yard. big Maple Plus I had a big Maple as well. I had so many leaves I would push the pile with my 4 wheeler and blade. The pile was so high I could not see over it. I couldn't blow them back because it would be across a state highway and The neighbor is the village justice!  :) Times have changed. Both Maples are gone. I have a smaller Maple and leaf pick up is 1 week only which is next Thursday for the pick up. hopefully I'll be well enough and the weather will cooperate to get my remaining leaves onto the garden.

• Like 1