deer_remington

520H electrical demons

deer_remington

Just got a new to me 1990 520H that is an electrical mess and would not start. The fuse block and 9 pin molex connector were a mess. Replaced the fuse block with in line fuses and replaced the 9 pin molex with individual sealed male/female plugs. Also have replaced the neutral safety switch, the parking brake switch, both switches at the PTO lever and the seat switch. Now it will start with the motion lever in neutral and the PTO engaged. Will not start with the PTO lever disengaged. Any ideas? This thing is driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

JustinW.73

sounds like it was wired wrong. Try disconnecting the wires that go to the pto safety switch 

deer_remington

Thanks for the reply but I verified the wiring with the wiring diagram in the manuals section. The pto has 2 switches ( one stacked on top of another). Will it crank without the wires plugged up to these switches?

JustinW.73

Well the way it sounds it is wired reverse, so it you unplug the wire to the switch, it would work with the pto off. But maybe im wrong. 

If this doesn't work, then when you get some spar time, I would go on the wiring diagram      

file:///home/chronos/u-ddbd8e78c9213fee29a844fd45c6ad010cfee30b/Downloads/810619R1%201990%20520-H%20OM.pdf     And check every single wire.

Edited by JustinW.73

Geno

I think one switch goes through the seat switch. 

JustinW.73

I think one switch goes through the seat switch. 

Ya that sounds right.