jschmelzle

wanting to build 3 pt. on c175

jschmelzle

Hello, ive been searching for a couple hours now (and guessing not doing something right). looking into building a 3 pt setup for my 175

but not have any luck finding pics or write ups on it, just people saying its been done. Point me in the right direction please and thank you

bmsgaffer

Its going to be a completely custom job.

Anyone that has done it would have completely built it from scratch.

If you check with the member "chipwitch" she has been considering building one.

meadowfield

I've built one on project bendy, here's a few pics.

IMG_20140704_201844_zpsk8nni4ra.jpg

c037ed5eb2a648f115193b026761ba8b_zpsefa5

8bc21957146c7439cce5610499263e14_zpsaf37

bendy14_zpsc17858bf.jpg

Just the lift cylinder to add, there's a build thread on the arms with measurements on my GT14 thread, the other pics are under project super bendy.

Edited by meadowfield
  • Like 1

chipwitch

Yes, I'm in the middle of building one.  I got started, but became increasingly more concerned with the stresses on the tractor the more I thought about it.  Meadowfield has the right idea.  Reaching around to the front of the transmission like he did is going to be the strongest.  I'm wondering, was the stretch on that thing necessary for the 3ph or just part of another modification?

Anyway, I came up with a way that I think will work without going so far as to rebuild the seat support like Meadowfield did.  I was searching for a design that wouldn't require any permanent mods to the tractor.  I like original.  Plus, my design must allow me to use my WH tiller too.  So far, it looks like my design will work, but it's a bit involved.  I'm doing it bass-akwards.  Started cutting and welding and THEN went to the drawing board.  Right now, I've done the 3D modelling of my design and am running the stress analyses on it to see how it'll hold up.

Who knows? If it works, I might produce a few if there's any interest.  I'm designing it for a C-125, so it would be a perfect match for your 175.  I'll post pictures when I get it closer to finished.  Shouldn't be too much longer.

Edit:  Meadowfield, I'm guessing the reason for the stretch was part of the 4WD mod?

Edited by chipwitch