Duramax92787

What size pulleys

Duramax92787

Starting to build just a stock 8hp to pull locally? what size pulleys you guys start out with? its a stock motor with a header and 23x10.50 Cheng shin tractors on the back. Building a adjustable hitch and some wheelie bars and weight hangers. You guys got any other tips?

joel_400

I would say start with the stock pullies and see how it works if it runs out of traction try the next gear up, then if it runs out of power increase your pulley size a little and try the lower gear. I have an adjustable pulley on one of my tractors that I use for pulling with turf and ag tires. The turf tires like more ground speed cuz they dont bite quite as well.

Joel

Duramax92787

Sweet we are gonna try the stock ones when we get it done but I'm gonna get a adjustable one to just in case that'll give me some room to play

ziggyswheelhorse

Where do you find a adjustable pulley at and how does it work? I'm putting a raider 12 together to pull

Spareparts

I'am running a 10 horse and have a 4" pulley on it, pulling in 2nd on the low side and it is bumping 4 mph. Pulling in the 800 and 900 lb. class.

I would not want to go any smaller on the engine for the fear of belt slippage, if I was going to change pulleys it would be on the trans axle.