whtractors24

NEW MOWER DECKS STILL AVAILABLE

whtractors24

as most of you know I work at a toro delaer they are still producing

42'' side discharge $1299

42'' rear discharge $1299

48'' side discharge $1299

I know there not cheap just for a thought If you had a nice machine and a shot mower deck!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

AMC RULES

Good lookin' out Jason.

:thanks: 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Out of curiosity is that the whole deck (spindles etc or just the shell....)  My Toro dealer would love me if I ordered a 48"SD

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Someone did a post on that just last year... they ordered and installed a brand new deck under a Classic model machine.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

• Like 1

whtractors24

42'' side model # 78345

42'' rear discharge model # 78350

48'' side discharge model # 78361

• Like 1

papaglide

I bought a brand new 48"SD last year and it was the whole deck: blades, spindles, mule drive, belt, everything. They ain't cheap but they will last forever. Totally worth the purchase in my opinion.

post-2771-0-49259500-1414112688_thumb.jp

post-2771-0-96703100-1414112726_thumb.jp

Edited by papaglide
  • Like 6

Austin860

Awesome, beautiful deck papa

• Like 2

nylyon

I see no reason not to buy a new one.  I bought my last new one in 1994, and it's lasted a long time, if I needed to replace it I would rather go new!

• Like 1

squonk

With all the bad decks out there, rotted patched bent ect. it's nice to know. I got a real nice deck at the Mansfield auction. 1 tiny hole and quiet. Fixed it up and was saving it. Found another tractor that I got for the tiller. Deck on that looked well worn but once I got it off it was almost perfect except for the paint. No rot anywhere. none even on the surface of the underside. Just missing the height adjuster spring which I have ordered. Swapped that deck out with the other one and sold it Saving the pristine one. :thumbs:

• Like 1

MalMac

One of my neighbors works for the place that stamps out Decks for Toro up in South Bend. Last I talk to him they do a run of Wheel Horse Decks about twice a year. To me the price is absolutely ridiculous, but if you think that's bad go try and buy a John Deere deck.

• Like 2

CasualObserver

I bought a brand new 48"SD last year and it was the whole deck: blades, spindles, mule drive, belt, everything. They ain't cheap but they will last forever. Totally worth the purchase in my opinion.

Thanks for putting in the pics! I couldn't remember who it was that posted that last year.  Here's the topic from when you posted originally.  

• Like 2

KyBlue

You can get just the shell for about half that with the 42" decks... The 48 too I believe but will need to double check links when I get home tonight ...

• Like 1

flyovrcntry

I think this is something that is a telling of your personality. Myself, I love to take something that's wore out and make it good again, not just useable,but really good. Some guys like the thought of a new deck that's smooth and quiet no matter the cost.

And of course,cost is very important to a lot of us.

Either way that new deck is beautiful and I love it. Just take care of it and it will last a lifetime

• Like 2

papaglide

Well, I just got sick of dicking around with 30 year old half rotted stuff and said to my self: " what if I got brand new and took care of it like none of the previous owners of my tractors did." I did the math and figured that we could afford it. And then BAMMMM!!! I pulled the trigger on that bad boy and haven't looked back since.

We all have skills, know how, and TIME. Unfortunately I am lacking in the correct skills and some know how. I choose to divide my time up doing other things that I know how to do. I would rather spend time coaching my varsity hockey team 10 hours a week than fix up a 30 year old deck.

Cost is very important as is what we want to spend our money on. Believe me, that's a crapload of green to spend on something that's used what? 30 hours a year? it fit my families' budget to purchase it. It may not fit others.

Oh yeah, and my wife was pissed as hell that I bought it!! But you know what they, easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission!

• Like 1

mnWHfan

I put one of these decks on my C161 after I restored the tractor.  I figured that by the time I got a deck cleaned up enough to last a while I would be half way to a new one and the new one are built better any way.  The new decks are one of the few things that were made stronger that the older versions.  I guess that was Toro's contribution.

• Like 3

slammer302

I wish they still sold new 36" and 32" gear drive rotary decks that would be worth sum green

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Not sure if this listing is still valid as it says Toro 2005 on it but here is a list of decks they list as available for tractors:

post-339-0-85656700-1414611676_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

nylyon

Jason, do you know if there are still new decks to be had?

• Like 2

8ntruck

If they are still available, that sure makes a decision point before going into a restoration of an old deck.  Mainly, what is one's time worth considering all the things one could be doing instead of working on a deck restoration. 

Do you look at a deck restoration as work, or quality time spent on a hobby?

• Like 1

nylyon

I bought a new one a couple years ago, excellent investment in my opinion. Looking for another new one too

• Like 1

Marv

I have a new 42" on my standby rack just in case. I have a rebuilt 42 on the rack too. I also have a D250 deck standing by. Someone may need it someday.

Marv

• Like 1

Maxwell-8

An update on this subject just made some calls to local dealers here in Belgium and the decks are no longer available in Belgium.

Quite a bumper.:( I guess it's not worth it for Toro shipping those decks out to Europe.

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Sad 1

Byrdman 2

Looking a good used deck 60 inch to fit a 720z Wheel Horse zero turn

• Like 1

c-series don

@Byrdman 2 you may want to put an ad in the wanted section of the classifieds 

• Like 1