RealHorse_ct

1 day to decide please help!!!!

RealHorse_ct

Well I'm at my first stop waiting on the customer to open, I slept on it and thought of what all you more experienced guys are saying and I'm gonna call the guy up and say it's not for me, I've been talking with ken last night and I'm gonna meet up with him this weekend and check out his 417...greatly appreciated all you guys advice in steering me out of the clouds you all made great points and just to give this topic closure I wanted to let you all know I'm siding with kens 417 here in CT. It's been a great experience my first time posting and I'll be on almost everyday from here on out, thanks again to you all!

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

I believe you made a very wise decision. Good luck with your :wh:

Geno

Hello RealHorse and :WRS:

Sorry I'm late but I was out of town again...  The guys here steered you right.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

AJ_Thanatos

Way too high, for me.. I wouldn't bite on that at all.. 

Trust me. If you do want it and its for sale. It will still be there when you come back.  :ychain:

Oh and welcome to  :rs:

km3h

Yes, Welcome to Redsquare.

You've made the right decision. And don't take the bait if the guy now lowers his price. There is one thing you can count on. The folks you meet here on Redsquare, are reputable and honorable people. They deal with each other on a regular basis and anyone trying to put something over on another would be run out of Dodge very quickly. Never met Ken nor have I dealt with him, but I have read a lot of his posts and seen many of his projects. From what the others here have said about their dealings with him, I would trust his word. You are going to love the 417-A.   

• Like 1

Jrblanke

:text-yeahthat: 

One warning. Once you get that one....you will be hooked....and in love...

• Like 1

JC 1965

You made the right decision.    :thumbs2:     :WRS:

• Like 1

nappypappy

$2,000 is to much in my book.....

• Like 1

doc724

Mike, I agree with everything that has been said.  $2k is way too much!.  You can do better but you need to be patient.  For example, my latest addition was a 1998 314-8 with 397 hours (no bagger) which I bought for $550.  It was certainly usable in the condition I bought it (although quite dirty)  I invested $200 to bring it up to my standards (new belts, filters, fuel line, deck spindle, front bearings, paint, elbow grease and patience)  and now it is a quite good looking and reliable machine.  Spend time scanning the CL ads and the RS for sale.  Pretty soon you will get a good feeling for price and condition so that when a good one comes along, you can jump  on it.  Good luck and welcome to RS.

km3h

Tell me is this the tractor you are talking about?

post-2564-0-88944100-1414112692_thumb.jp

• Like 1

whtractors24

No that's not the one there guys are talking about is at a dealer. On Craigs list.

Ken B

Yesterday I saw the 314-8 on C/L that Mike was referring to. In all honesty its not a bad deal. It really does look like new. The guy has the original sales receipt for just under 4600.00 with the power flow bagger setup included. If you consider that a mid level box store tractor will set you back 2 grand then a 314-8 that is in "like new" condition with the power flow setup really isn't out of line.. Whoever owned this 314 tractor previously was a perfectionist in how he maintained and took care of it. Condition is EVERYTHING.