Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Wheel Weight option

Sparky

Hey guys. While browsing thru the junk pile at work I came across some cast iron pipe fittings. I think they are called blank end fittings or flanges(not sure) and are for 5" cast iron pipe. They have a bunch of mounting holes that just happen to line up with the holes in our 12" rims that hold on wheel weights. The ones I have are 22#s each and with my 50#ers give me a total of 72#s per rear rim. I'm sure a Plumbing supply house would carry em(Home Depot is not a plumbing supply house :D ). I use em on my blower tractor cause when the blower is up I find that 50#s alone isnt enough to offset the blower weight. I think they come in different thicknesses and mine are about 1" thick.

Mike.........

WheelWeights001.jpg

WheelWeights002.jpg

WheelWeights003.jpg

Sparky

Karl?? Can I post more than one pic?? I can never seem to get this pic thing right.

Mike.........

nylyon

Some how you end up missing a [ before the IMG somewhere along the way. Either way, all fixed now. I'll have to go to my local plumming supply store and check this out. Love those cast weights too!

combatmp29r

Thanks for the info Mike. I have some of those laying around on the farm in the shop from a comercial job I did a few years back. Never thought of using them for wheel weights. Great thinking.

Joel

nylyon

Hey Mike, is that a clean garage floor I see there?

Sparky

Sure is :D !! Its awsome to be able to work on something in the winter and not be out in the cold. I had my 150,000 BTU Kerosene salamander blowin while I was in the garage today. I finaly got the 418-A inside today and got the wiring straightened out and she's ready for a snow-chucker to be mounted up. The weights in this thread are going on it tomorrow.

Mike........the "D" is next.......

Bill

Nice mike... I have some down at my shop.. never in a millon yrs did I think of using them for weights

T-Mo

Mike,

Nice tip there. I wouldn't have thought of using those flanges as weights.

Rollerman

Since the company I work for does underground....I may have to call some of my friends on the pipe crews & see what I may come up with?

Mike thats a great idea!