Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bullington

Hitch Questions

Michael Bullington

I have a question maybe someone can shed some light on for me...in 64 there was a part# AH-63 Aux Hitch and a part # MA-1 Speed Hitch for accessories. Does anyone have any pictures of these hitches? or can explain which one they are for me.

MICHAEL

CasualObserver

Here's the "Speed Hitch." It's what is now called the mid attach-a-matic. It's had a couple changes over the years, but the basic design is still the same.

speedhitch.jpg

Michael Bullington

hey thanks thats great info,, what is the bracket on the left of the diagram used for?

CasualObserver

It's the guide wheel was for the old style belt tensioner to ride against. The bracket just spaced it out where it needed to be.

I don't see anything for the "Auxiliary Hitch" other than it superceeded to hitch 8-5111. I think it may have been the original name for the drawbar hitch.

CasualObserver

Here's a picture of it. Was discussed in this thread.

P6110177.JPG

Michael Bullington

hey great picture thanks,, which belt was that tensioner used for I still havent figured that out

CasualObserver

That picture is of a late 60s 42" deck, I think... Eldon would have to verify that... it's his. I just borrowed the picture. I have the same setup on my 1968 Raider 9 with 42" side discharge deck.