vinnyfish1

PTO disk

vinnyfish1

I need a PTO clutch disk for a C145..

bowtieguy

Have you tried your local Toro dealer?......you might need some rivets also....both were stock items just a few months ago!

Molon_Labe

Do a search and you will find some discussions on this topic. I and several others have used the clutch disc from a JD model B tractor, available for less that $20 shipped. Here's one I did a while back on a C-101.

post-13276-0-47056900-1413713923_thumb.j

• Like 1

chipwitch

I made one for my C-125.  If I had known about the clutch for the JD I would have gladly paid $20.  I made mine with some $8 brake pads from the Auto parts store.  Cut off the pads (they were glued, not riveted). JB welded them to the clutch plate.  Turned them down.  I got a good 1/4" thickness out of it, but it's hard on tooling.

N3PUY

I went to a local brake reliner and got a square piece of 5/32" friction material.  Cut the center hole with an adjustable circle cutter.  Cut most of the outside with a hacksaw.  JB welded it to the plate with a heavy weight on it overnight.  Smoothed up the outside edge on the grinder.  Friction material was $1 ... already had the JBW.

• Like 1

chipwitch

I went to a local brake reliner and got a square piece of 5/32" friction material.  Cut the center hole with an adjustable circle cutter.  Cut most of the outside with a hacksaw.  JB welded it to the plate with a heavy weight on it overnight.  Smoothed up the outside edge on the grinder.  Friction material was $1 ... already had the JBW.

Obviously a better method than how I did mine, but now I look STUPID!  Thanks N3PUY :wink:

We only have one reliner in town, but I finally found them.  Went up to get something after being told they'd have something for me on the phone.  Didn't have anything but formed round stock for brake shoes, I guess.  Anyway... that's why I ended up cutting them off of brake pads.  

N3PUY

I use automotive brake pads to make PTO bake pads.  Cut and JBW on.

vinnyfish1

Thanks everyone for the great advise.....I went with the new replacement from TORO ... It cost more than I wanted to pay but the replacement will be quick.... I can make more money but I cant make more spare time

• Like 1