Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Picked up a 1968 Charger 12

T-Mo

So, Eldon, what are your plans for this one? It does look a little rough, but there seems to be some good parts there.

kj4kicks

Yeah really... How often do you get one with a battery, but no engine?

If you don't want it, I think it will get parted out.

I think that hood would fit my old 1077, and then I'd have headlights!

Drop me an email at classickitchensyork@comcast.net

Eldon.

Rollerman

Eldon with a putty knife,can of brake clean, duct tape & a sewing needle I bet I could have that one running in 5 minutes. :D

Just kidding...but does look like some good parts & yes that hood is a direct fit to your 1077.

kj4kicks

Well, bad news guys. This one is toast. The tranny didn't work right because the frame is so busted, that the shifter pivot ball came out of the slider. There was literally only about an inch of metal around the trans mount that wasn't cracked. It even cracked the right side of the dash tower. Wow!

It was about 70 degrees here today, so I had a chance to pull it out of the trailer. I think the hood will be a nice spare for the 1077, and the hydro will, too. It is the old style, so I can't use it in the C-160.

I did take a closer look at the tires, and all 4 of them still have "Wheel Horse" on the sidewall (made by Carlisle). Not in the best of shape though. Sidewalls are pretty cracked, but they do hold air.

Eldon.

TT

Well, bad news guys. This one is toast. The tranny didn't work right because the frame is so busted, that the shifter pivot ball came out of the slider. There was literally only about an inch of metal around the trans mount that wasn't cracked. It even cracked the right side of the dash tower. Wow!

Hmmmmmmm........

A good indication that it was used as a bulldozer in it's past! :P

As much as I don't like to see them "put to rest", you just can't save 'em all. :D

CasualObserver

I'm with Terry... sometimes ya gotta give them their card and move 'em on!

whdonorcard.JPG

TT

AMEN! :D

combatmp29r

May it Rest In Pieces

Rollerman

Eldon it seems like any tractor I've had with the hyd lift is cracked on the tower just above the lift cylinder?

Thats to bad...but now you have some spares like you say.

If the tires are not cracked up to bad & you want to save them ...try some black shoe polish on them.... I seen that in the movie "Worlds Fastest Indian" last summer & it works pretty good.

Like Terry said it sounds like it had a hard life of work...or a the PO had a kid without a dirtbike or go cart. :D

T-Mo

Eldon,

That's too bad. It must have led a life of some extreme abuse. Like Joel said, "May it rest in pieces!" At least it sounds like you have plans for a couple of parts off it.

Jason,

I like that Wheel Horse donor card. How fitting for Eldon's Charger here.

nylyon

My my, look at the mourning here..... Tis sad to see a fellow brethern fall to the scrap, but in this case you get complete acceptance to part the sucker out!

Eldon, if it's the frame that's broke, I've seen them occassionally pop up.

kj4kicks

Thanks guys. This one did not have hydraulic lift, and it cracked the dash tower on the right side, just above the frame. The cracks in the back could be welded, but with the other issues (and no engine), it hardly seems worth the effort. Even the hood pivots had flat washers welded to them, because it had completely worn through.

It will die so that others may live!

The PO (Tim the dealer dude) had this one for a long time, and told me it was one of his favorites. That translates into "He used it for every possible job" !

I think TD may have just gotten another project... printing up donor cards for the parts tractors at the show! If they're magnetic, they can be transfered to the next one in line.

TT

This was another one like yours, Eldon. It was used hard all of its life and was just plain worn out. I bought this '69 Charger 12 about 6 miles from home and it included the factory "donut" rear weights, rear cultivators, and a tiller (minus the transfer pullies) It had a replacement K-321 and a good working hydro that both reside in the tricycle tractor now. I gave the kid $250 for the lot, which is a bargain compared to the $800 he wanted for it the year before. :thumbs:

f08cf76c.jpg

Rod(NASNUT)

:D I have a 1968 Charger 9 with the hyd. lift when I got it the frame and dash tower were broke my dad gave it to me so I could not part it out I found a parts tractor foe $33.00 on E-Bay and got it all together here is a pic.

Attached Image

post-3-1199808825.jpg

Rollerman

Rod...very nice tractor. :D

TT

Glad to see you could make it, Rod! What do you think of the place? These guys sure have a good thing going here. (I'm really glad they let me in! :P )

How are things over on the South side of the Seven Mountains? :D

T-Mo

Rod,

Welcome to the Red Square. That's a nice looking tractor you got there. :D

nylyon

Rod, nice looking tractor, welcome aboard!

kj4kicks

Nice Horse, Rod. That is still my favorite grille design of all!

Eldon.

Stigian

Welcome to Red Square Rod, thats good work on your charger :D

mnscruff

hope this works mine is a electro12 1968 w/hyd lift, elec pto and auto, motor runs and hydro stuff all work cost=(come and git it outa here)

Attached Image

post-3-1199834466.jpg

nylyon

Now you're gonna get a lot of interest on this one I'll tell ya. Where are you located? Welcome to the forum!

mnscruff

she's starting to come together a little now, kinda fun putzing with.

Attached Image

post-3-1199834719.jpg

mnscruff

thanks I'm from northern Minnesota

Rollerman

mnscruff welcome to the site!

Your Electro 12 looks like it's comeing together nice.

I notice you have 4 bolts in the front rim?...whats going on there?

By the way make sure you put some pics of the Chevy/GMC? in the off topic section...looks like a nice straight truck.