Eck

Can someone help me identify these two tractors?

Eck

I just came into two Wheel Horse Tractors today (barn find) and I have no idea what year they are. The elderly lady that I bout them from said they are both 1985 models but I just don't know.

Please note, I JUST NOW signed up here today..........but I want to learn about these tractors and may need help getting them running.

I also came into some extra items like a wheel plow, two like new extra plow blades, and two wheel horse lawn sweepers.

Anyway, here are the Photos of the two mowers I need to know what year / model they are.

post-14103-0-06396500-1413673870_thumb.j

post-14103-0-57423200-1413673876_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ethan and Randies horses

if you want exact years tell the serial numbers

Eck

Never mind, I found out how to tell which year these are by serial numbers....(duh)...

How to read a tractor serial number list:
Tractor serial number lists nearly always show the first tractor built in each year. The other tractors for that year will have successively higher numbers. Your serial number should lie between two of the stated numbers.

Example serial number list:

Year  Number   1980 501   1981 879 <<< 900 1982 1034 1983 2103  

Example: if your serial number is 900, then your tractor was built in 1981.

The list only shows the number from the first tractor built in each year. Unless you happen to have the first first tractor off the production line, then your particular number will not be on the list. Your number will lie between two listed numbers.

Thanks anyway Ethan..

I have to go out to the tractors to write down both serial numbers, be back in about 20 minutes..(company just walked in).. 

kudzu3

Don't know what year, but you have two very nice tractors, that seem to be original. Looks like all they need is a little cleaning up. Just curious, what do you plan to do with them? Post numbers and someone will tell you exactly what they are.

Eck

Oh well, I just went out to look for the serial numbers, but the sun went down, and using a flashlight I can not find the darn things.. I read where the serial # is located on the right (front) section of the frame. 

I don't see it..,

Thanks Kudzu3 ... I will post them as soon as I can find them (and see...its to dark for me to be climbing around the things right now.

Thanks for helping though.

Edited by Eck
  • Like 1

Ethan and Randies horses

should be on left side of steering colum

Eck

Many thanks Ethan for the location.

I will go look tomorrow in day light and then post them here.

The remaining pics I have...enjoy!

Eck

post-14103-0-66471700-1413676522_thumb.j

post-14103-0-54133800-1413676530_thumb.j

post-14103-0-80803900-1413676536_thumb.j

post-14103-0-04598900-1413676544_thumb.j

Edited by Eck
  • Like 1

Eck

,........................ Looks like all they need is a little cleaning up. Just curious, what do you plan to do with them?

At this time, I do plan to clean them up (a little) but I want to get them both running first. They BOTH have been sitting for 10 years, Gas tanks are empty, but smell like turpentine.......new fuel line, gas filter, and carbs cleaned.. then see if both will start.

I was told that both ran and were parked because her husband died, and she paid to have her yard cut since then..

I want to make sure they run, transmissions shift and all the way down to the lights..

I will most likely sell everything because I have no place to store them and my yard is push mower size....

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Eck

:WRS:

And thank you too for the warm welcome!

Eck

kudzu3

If the price is right and the mechanics are pretty good, they should sell quickly. Good luck with them.

KyBlue

I come to huntsville every saturday (go to Toyota plant) I'll be happy to take em off your hand ... there's plenty of room in my trailer coming home :laughing-rofl:

Seriously though that is a great score and welcome to RS!

Eck

I come to huntsville every saturday (go to Toyota plant) I'll be happy to take em off your hand ... there's plenty of room in my trailer coming home :laughing-rofl:

Seriously though that is a great score and welcome to RS!

Thank you for the friendly welcome KyBlue!  Thanks!

As for taking these things off my hands, well I may be interested do do something like that, but in all around fairness, I would like to learn more of what I have and more about these tractors first before jumping into anything.  

KC9KAS

:WRS:  My wife really wants a lawn sweeper...Wheel Horse lawn sweeper to be precise.

Her birthday is next week and she would love to get a big red present....The Wheel Horse lawn sweeper.

I will send the address...You don't have to wrap it.

kudzu3

If that works, my wife's birthday is also next week and she is wishing for two red tractors. :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:

jackhammer

:text-welcomewave:   Eck,, I think on the B100 you have the model plate is to the left side  same height as the gauge on dash , behind the deck lift lever

rmaynard

Since the B-100 is an automatic, it has to be a 1974 (1-0510) or 1975 (1-0511), and the Commando 800 is either a 1972 (1-0110) or 1973 (1-0130).

The ID tag will tell for sure.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

:WRS:   Great barn fresh find.    It's probably too late to warn you about the dreaded WHA . I think you are already infected.

Kegler

B100 looks nice with the Brinley hitch and plow. That hitch alone isn't cheep.

Eck

B100 looks nice with the Brinley hitch and plow. That hitch alone isn't cheep.

Is that what the small plow is? A Brinley Plow?

I am new at this so here I thought the Brinley hitch was part of the actual tractor. Your comment makes me believe it is an add on. Is this right? 

stevasaurus

Wheel Horse had things made to fit their horses from different manufacturers...Brinley  is one of those manufacturers.  Nice looking horses and Welcome to Red Square.  :)

• Like 1

Eck

OK, I got the serial numbers and other info off the tractors. Can someone tell me what year they are?

The commando 800 has 

serial#: 883689  

Model: 10110 7

It has a Kohler engine with S/N 4051452, model K181s, Spec# 30461d

The B-100 Automatic has

Serial # 146469

Model # 1 0511

It has a Kohler engine with S/N 159452, model K241s, Spec 46636d

stevasaurus

The Command 800 is a 1972...the B-100 is a 1975.  Check the Manuals Section on the main page to down-load manuals for your horses.  :)

Eck

COOL BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a bunch. Steve.......

I will download the manuals now.

Thanks again!!

rmaynard

OK, I got the serial numbers and other info off the tractors. Can someone tell me what year they are?

So you didn't read my post from 6:22 AM this morning? :scratchead:

Since the B-100 is an automatic, it has to be a 1974 (1-0510) or 1975 (1-0511), and the Commando 800 is either a 1972 (1-0110) or 1973 (1-0130).