Sign in to follow this  
Ian928

1964 1054

Ian928

Our 1054, named "Elvira". Muffler is not original, wheels should be white or off-white (I am not sure, anyone know?) and there is a air-horn installed. I am not sure if the seats are recovered either, in other pictures I have seen the covers are two-coloured red and white. That would look good!

We have a snowblower and snowblade for her, but they both need restoration because the PO kept them outside for years. A lovely tractor!

485397120_c7aa265605_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

oldandred

Well nfrom the barn to the yard for a show tommorow still have to do some washing on them

001-8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

CTPATRIOT

Just pulled out of long term storage.Was used as a yard horse for a Wheel Horse dealer.

1054clean.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

Some photos of our 1964 1054's:

100_6129.jpg

102_6057.jpg

102_6054.jpg

100_9411.jpg

102_6050.jpg

100_9409.jpg

100_7788.jpg

100_7805.jpg

101_0142.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

pacer

Got this 1965 1054 from an 88yr old gentleman that had bought it at one year old from the OE, so it had pretty good provenance for most of its life and it was in surprisingly original condition, though pretty badly neglected with poor maintenance and sitting outside. Gas tank rotten, with rust flushed all through system, front suspension/steering badly worn/sloppy, LOTS of rust, with some places eaten through, wiring a total mess, no grille/headlights, engine on verge of throwing rod, bad tires, etc, etc. Completely disassembled and sand blasted everything, replacing/repairing any thing needing it, using Rustoleum 'Sunrise Red' for paint.

While I did want to bring it back to 'original' as possible, many will note that I veered from that in places, but I think I was still able to stay pretty close to a Wheel Horse look. The most obvious is the seat - my thinking was the original seat was a pretty poor design anyway and after market seats are plentiful and cheap, so --- thats a Target seat off a handicap scooter! Steering wheel is a 3 spoke instead of a 2. The original size rear tires are non existent, so they are larger. A sharp eye will also note the addition of caster wheels on the front of the deck, I thought the original skid bar was also a poor design, so I made a correction there also (and casters there work MUCH better too) Also a sharp eye will notice I went to sleep when I put the hood decal on!! Oh well, aint that big a deal, I guess... (the hood was on the bench and not on the tractor...)

Heres a link to all the pictures I took during the rebuild - quite a few of them, but I know that when I was doing this rebuild, scouring through the many pics here on the forum I was able several times to see an area that I had been puzzling about and the pic would help me, so maybe one in this bunch will help some one out.

post-9681-0-22180000-1370724584_thumb.jp

post-9681-0-10669700-1370724619_thumb.jp

post-9681-0-44595500-1370727177_thumb.jp

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Dhodge

One of my favorite models

post-13051-0-40410900-1425997005_thumb.j

post-13051-0-06862500-1425997035_thumb.j

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Herder

20180407_134458.jpg

20180407_134514.jpg

20180407_134530.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Pullstart
      By Pullstart
      5 big wheels, in various forms or stages.  One with melted wiring, one runner, one in need of an engine, one full project and one in the middle of nap time.  @953 nut thanks again for turning on my big wheel switch!

• Pullstart
      By Pullstart
      So, this kind of was destined to show up, I guess.  My wife found it a while back and was trying to buy it for me for our anniversary, but I was already in the middle of helping @Bow_Extreme get a deal on it!  Well, come to find out, he called looking to possible unload it.  SOLD SOLD SOLD!  The color is odd, but it adds character.  I think it’ll stay.  I’m thinking this might show up to Uncle Jim’s Plow day, snowblower engine and all to work the field!

• CasualObserver
      By CasualObserver
      1964 Wheel Horse sales brochure

12 pages 651KB

12 pages 2.1MB
    • wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Have a 1964 WH 1054. The tractor will steer tight to the left but only half the angle to the right. Drag link will hit the stops on axle on both sides. The steering gear has more teeth to go on the right but stops on the axle stop. Linkage is all good and snug. Seems if I adjust the linkage I will put the wheels out of straight. Is this normal for this model? Haven't tried to adjust anything yet, still trying to study what I could change so that it will steer the same radius both directions. Will get up close pics to post later. The linkage from the main gear to drag link is connected from the bottom up. I notice some go from the top down, I studied mine and it seems to be correct because of the bend in the link to go under the frame. The stops may have been added later, but seems it could be factory; even w/o the stops it would steer in same way, just have more radius but still short to the right.

• Bear G
      By Bear G
      Getting the 1st two of eight total ready to go to the show in New London, Oh. This weekend.
      the 857 and the 1054 still need some minor cleaning but they’re ready to load.
      Show is 7-27-18 to 7-29-18. Hope to see you there!!