Firpo701

Preventive Care..."guys, take heed!"

Firpo701
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Image result for praying hands images

Dear Lord;  Our brother Dom has suffered too much physically and emotionally over the past couple of years. Thank you for the Angles in his life who have provided comfort and aid, particularly his sister and the buddy who convinced him to seek further medical help. Please guide the actions of all of Dom's medical attendants and help them to completely cure him.

Lord;  help to smooth and straighten Dom's path and make his burdens light. He has endured more than most of us can imagine.

In Jesus name, we thank you for every day and the blessings you bring into our lives. Amen.

Amen. Thank you so much.

57 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Dom-

Your positive attitude shines though in this post and it will get you through the difficult times. Keep the faith and keep fighting the good fight!

Thank you very much! Have to keep moving forward. Faith and hope keep me focused on getting well.

20 minutes ago, formariz said:

Dom

All I can say is wow. Wow that just about everything that can go wrong has, and wow not only that you are so tough and resilient but that you have kept such a positive attitude that indeed is an inspiration to me and makes me feel ashamed to sometimes complain about how cruel life can be. Not only I wish you well and pray that the worst is over for you but I also wish for others to read your post and stop complaining about life.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Life can certainly deal out a bad hand sometimes. You just have to play it out the best way you can. I don't plan on losing though. :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 5

19richie66

My ankle doesn't hurt as bad after reading this. Dom I wish you many blessings in the future and hope you come out the other side of all this still smiling. Thanks for sharing, Richie

• Like 2

Firpo701
9 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

My ankle doesn't hurt as bad after reading this. Dom I wish you many blessings in the future and hope you come out the other side of all this still smiling. Thanks for sharing, Richie

Thank you much Richie! I believe things are going to be alright now. Good to hear from you...:thanks:

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Good lord!

Best or all luck to you! 

Whip this post haste!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Prayers for you and your family.

• Like 1

Firpo701

Good morning fellow Wheel Horsers! :wh: I have an update on the condition my condition is in. Lol. It's not perfect news, but it is some of the best I've heard in a long time. My radiologist called Friday with his findings on the latest MRI and CT scans. He seems to think what he's looking at is scar tissue from the surgery, and not cancer. :banana-rock:He doesn't want to do any additional radiation as of yet. I'm scheduled for an endoscopic ultrasound for Monday, the 27th, to be sure it is scar tissue. If it is, they just want to keep an eye on things and do another MRI in two months. So back to Columbus once again. But, I'll certainly take that news over the news my mind had surmised. :handgestures-thumbupright:I don't feel too terrible, considering. I celebrated Saturday by cleaning my :wh: RJ trans a bit. First thing I've accomplished in close to two years. Going to have to take a little time soon to give ye olde 701 some TLC. She needs a battery, and some seat time. Lol. Just thought I'd share my update. Have a great day everyone! 

Dom...                                     (Firpo701)

Edited by Firpo701
  • Like 6

Firpo701
On 2/18/2017 at 7:24 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Prayers for you and your family.

Thank you very much! 😊

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

That is good news indeed. i am praying that indeed it is just scar tissue and that the testing will be good news.  The James is really good about follow-up, and I still see both my surgeon and oncologist once a year on a six month stagger.  They do order tests and besides that i see a super talented diagnostic dermatologist who spotted a second tumor so early that it probably saved my life.

As your treatment progresses and they hopefully get to the point that they are doing MRI's and blood tests as your only follow-up, please be aware that there is a high cost for the convenience of having the lab work done on the same appointment as getting the lab work read and results given to you. Ask your physician at the James if it is possible to have your lab work done somewhere else close to your home and have the results faxed to Columbus. The physician can write you a RX for the test and then you get the test delivered to them by fax a couple days prior to your appointment. A $1200 test in Columbus only costs $250 locally.   It really does not affect the level of care that you get, because the tests are taken by a lab or machine and your test results are still evaluated by your people at the James.

Just a bit of advice for anyone who feels awkward asking a friend or acquaintance how they are doing with this challenge. If you do not know what to say, ask how they are and look them in the eyes and just listen. I am still amazed when someone asks and turns away before i can share anything. Whatever you do, don't say that that you know how they feel because someone you know had XYZ cancer and is no longer with us. Yep, it happened just like that to me..

So, Firpo, we are in the same club that no one asks to join. You are handling it very well, but that does not mean that you have to act bravely all the time. PM me any time you feel the need.

• Like 2

Firpo701
On 2/20/2017 at 2:19 PM, ohiofarmer said:

That is good news indeed. i am praying that indeed it is just scar tissue and that the testing will be good news.  The James is really good about follow-up, and I still see both my surgeon and oncologist once a year on a six month stagger.  They do order tests and besides that i see a super talented diagnostic dermatologist who spotted a second tumor so early that it probably saved my life.

As your treatment progresses and they hopefully get to the point that they are doing MRI's and blood tests as your only follow-up, please be aware that there is a high cost for the convenience of having the lab work done on the same appointment as getting the lab work read and results given to you. Ask your physician at the James if it is possible to have your lab work done somewhere else close to your home and have the results faxed to Columbus. The physician can write you a RX for the test and then you get the test delivered to them by fax a couple days prior to your appointment. A $1200 test in Columbus only costs $250 locally.   It really does not affect the level of care that you get, because the tests are taken by a lab or machine and your test results are still evaluated by your people at the James.

Just a bit of advice for anyone who feels awkward asking a friend or acquaintance how they are doing with this challenge. If you do not know what to say, ask how they are and look them in the eyes and just listen. I am still amazed when someone asks and turns away before i can share anything. Whatever you do, don't say that that you know how they feel because someone you know had XYZ cancer and is no longer with us. Yep, it happened just like that to me..

So, Firpo, we are in the same club that no one asks to join. You are handling it very well, but that does not mean that you have to act bravely all the time. PM me any time you feel the need.

Thank you so much for your kind words! My ultrasound was rescheduled for the 6th, this coming Monday. I feel like I'm in good hands with the doctors in Columbus. They can certainly do wonders with their skills and knowledge. I may pm you soon and chat about what you've went through. Thanks again ohiofarmer.

Firpo701

• Like 2

slim67
On 10/15/2014 at 11:58 PM, Firpo701 said:

Hello to all of my :wh: junkies! As we all know, 98 percent of all of us men are stubborn as oxes! I fall into that category myself! Doctors bad...self healing good! Lol! Well fellas...wanted to put a little bit of "reality" in everyone's pride. "Do me a favor!" "If you ever have anything go wrong with your body, please have it checked out!" I was diagnosed with rectal cancer this past Monday. Something to that extreme puts a damper on any :wh: restorations that may be going on. Been working on the 953, but now I have to drop everything and focus on getting better! Redsquare is my go to forum, everyday! Love the pics and the stories...have added a few myself! Lol! Thanks for being my friends, even though you guys haven't realized you are! Goina beat this! Have to! Haven't restored an RJ yet! Lol! Thanks again fellas! I'll keep ya posted on the treatments.....

Im sorry to hear this. I will most certainly keep you in my prayers. Get well.

• Like 3

HorseFixer

Prayers sent your way.. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Duramax7man7
On 3/3/2017 at 4:30 PM, Firpo701 said:

Thank you so much for your kind words! My ultrasound was rescheduled for the 6th, this coming Monday. I feel like I'm in good hands with the doctors in Columbus. They can certainly do wonders with their skills and knowledge. I may pm you soon and chat about what you've went through. Thanks again ohiofarmer.

Firpo701

Do yourself a Huge favor and look into "B17". It's derived from apricot kernel's and has amigdalin and cyanide in it. It kills and prevents cancer!

There are testimonies, articles and videos about it all over the net. The Amigdalin attaches to the proteins of the cancer cells and the cyanide is only released into the cancers after that and kills the cancer cells. It's also found in apple seeds. If not many others. but those are the two fruits focused on. This is most likely why it's suggested in Gods word to "eat the fruit and it's seed"... 

Blessing and Prayers!

P.S. Yes, Its not talked about by the pharmaceutical industry because it would kick it right in the jewels and put a hurting on them.