Firpo701

Preventive Care..."guys, take heed!"

Firpo701

Just made it home from my procedure in Columbus. Everything went well. The cancer hasn't spread into the lymph nodes, which is great! I have to go back for a CT scan on the 30th, so they can make sure there isn't any in any other part of my body. If that turns out well, they are going to do chemotherapy to try and shrink the tumor somewhat, and then do surgery to remove it. That's where I am now guys...will keep you posted. Dom... :-)

• Like 3

64s

Great News!!!

CasualObserver

Sounds like a positive report.  Good to hear, best of luck as things progress. :thumbs:

AMC RULES

We'll keep praying for you Dom.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

KyBill

Excellent news. We will keep you in our prayers.

Geno

I am so happy for you and yours, great news!  :)

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Prayers from Michigan are on their way for you! 

Keep up the great attitude! 

Edited by AJ_Thanatos

Ed Kennell

Great news Firpo...keep the faith.

19richie66

Glad to hear it hasnt spread to the nodes. Will be praying for a positive outcome on the 30th.

JimD

Keeping you in my thoughts and throwing lots of positive vibes your way Firpo. :)

• Like 1

Firpo701

I'm not YouTube savvy as far as posting, but, one video and song that keeps me going through all this is Third Day-Sing a Song. Check it out guys! It is awesome!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Here you go Firpo.    :thumbs:

• Like 2

Firpo701

That's it! Thanks for posting it! ;-)

Firpo701

Update all...my CT scan was rescheduled for Nov. 12th. I did see a surgeon locally, who informed me of what the treatment plan will consist of. He told me after the CT, I would begin chemo and radiation, at the same time, to shrink the tumor, and afterward, they would be doing what they called a resection surgery in Columbus Ohio.Will know more after the CT scan and oncology visit on the 12th. That's the latest guys. Dom...

squonk

Here Here on getting things checked out. I was feeling run down this past Tues. and had on and off heartburn. My Doctor convinced me to go to the ER. Most tests showed nothing unusual but 1 blood test raised a tiny flag. I got sent to a bigger hospital and ended up needing 2 stents in my LAD artery. I'm feeling like myself again.

• Like 4

JC 1965

Wish you the best Firpo. Prayers coming your way. My wife's sister is fighting lung cancer right now, so I now the toll it can take on a family. Hang in there and stay positive.

• Like 1

rick

Prayers said...a good attitude helps with the healing!

Coadster32

Prayers your way. Wishing you the best. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Firpo701

Well, they found some questionable lymph nodes in the stomach area, so I have to go back next Wednesday for an endoscopic ultrasound to determine whether or not they want to biopsy one of them. They are most likely going to install a port and a chemo pump that I will have to have changed once every two weeks up there. The surgical oncologist did a measurement probe yesterday evening also. He is concerned about how low the tumor is and to whether he will have enough good to re-attach to. He never told me what he determined. I have another appointment on the 26th with the oncologist, in which I believe will be to schedule port installation and when I will get the first chemo pump. He told me if the chemo itself shrinks things enough, I shouldn't have to do radiation, which would be wonderful. Been a stressful two days, mentally and financially. Still praying for a good all around outcome though! This 953 won't fix itself! Haha! :-P That's the update of yesterday's 11 hour ordeal...

KyBill

You hang in there Firpo. You have a lot of prayers aimed at you.

• Like 1

Geno

You sure do Firpo! 

• Like 1

Firpo701

Just returned from Columbus. Had the endoscopic ultrasound and the biopsy of the lymph nodes in the stomach area. The doctor who performed the procedure told me he was 99% sure they were benign. Will know for sure after my oncologist appt on the 26th. They had a breathing tube in me as well as the test equipment. Very sore today. That's this weeks update...:-)

• Like 6

Geno

Sounds like some good news!  :text-woo:

19richie66

Great news so far!

Firpo701

Thanks fellas! It is good news so far!