Geno

How does this meet + greet thing work?

Geno

How does this meet + greet thing work?  I would like to do something like this if I can.  What is expected of the host?  How long should it last, what do you guys do at this type of thing?  Any details would be appreciated.  :)

AMC RULES

What do you do... eat, meet, greet, oh...and ride your horses... what else?

• Like 2

Geno

So people bring their tractors then.  So we need lots of parking and riding space depending on how many people come right?

KC9KAS

Meet and visit and buy and sell and trade (stories and parts). Plow if possible, and eat.

• Like 1

groundhog47

:text-welcomewave: A group of us met at an agreeable restaurant, ate breakfast, visited, went to several members storage site/home, looked and talked about units, talked parts,  but basically just did a face to face meet and enjoyed company. On the down side a couple had to travel quite away a distance, and sadly we all forgot or didn't think to take pics. All in all, like meeting your buddies for extended coffee, and equally as enjoyable if not more because of the Wheel Horse bond. Several wives showed up also!

Geno, looks as if we could spend all day hugging all you goodies.  :handgestures-thumbup:

Thank all you that came :greetings-clappingorange:

• Like 1

slammer302

Just go for it

bmsgaffer

Keep me up to date if you do this!

I have been wanting to get one together in the Cincinnati area, but I don't currently have a good location for it. (But i keep looking!)

And as much as you post on here, you would probably get a higher turn out anyway! :handgestures-thumbupright:

AJ_Thanatos

Might want to get with Scott Geno. Seems he does a helluva job with his M&G and he could probably get you all the info you need to pull it off.

But it would be a good time. We all want to see your auto shop converted to a horse barn! I would make the trip!

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

We could plow a brand new garden for you!

• Like 1

Racinbob

There's a pretty good concentration of members around you on the map Geno. I'm thinking you'd get a pretty good turn out.

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

KyBill

You can count me in Geno.

• Like 1

GlenPettit

First talk with a couple of others in your area and then set a DATE and PLACE to meet.  A date when you feel most can meet with the least conflicts, and a place to works best for most (with close parking, and something to see, like a shop or tractors).   Keep the first meet & greet real simple, allow people to bring their tractors if they want, and parts to sell, if they want, but then that requires more room and more parking area.

Start advertising on this site early, specific date and directions, and keep us all posted on it's progress.

Most Meet & Greets start out real small, maybe only half-dozen people and at one persons places to see their tractors, then each year they grow from there.  Just takes one person to start the idea.  But remember, "You Can't Please Everyone All The Time".

After each Meet & Greet, you receive suggestions and ideas to consider, don't try and do too much yourself or you'll burn out.  For a local Meet & Greet, a few hours is plenty, Food & drinks are extra work and cost, let people know to to bring their own, or if over a lunch, direct everyone to a local food place if near, or if like 1:00 to 5:00, food should not be expected.  Toilets can be a problem but must be considered. If you charge fees, (even for food) then insurance becomes a factor. 

Keep them very simple, but just start.  Only takes one person.

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 4

KyBlue

Geno you know I'll be there!  With BBQ ... if your really good I'll share :)

Edited by KyBlue
  • Like 1

Geno

Lots of real good ideas guys thanks so much!  :text-+1:  I need to call a few people that have done this.

I talked to dad the other day, he has a few hundred acres right across the street with lots of parking for trailers and all and said we could use his place, He's a :wh:  man too.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

Firpo701

I would definitely have to try to make it if you end up having one! :-)

• Like 1

Racinbob

I'd be there too but the distance problem always plagues me. I'm thinking you already have enough ideas to have a great one. I've only been to one M&G and that was Scotts in 2013. He sure knows how to do it right. I just happened to be in the area visiting family. He's about 6 hours from you so maybe you can make it sometime. You have the shop, the tractors, the space and there's quite a few within driving distance so I say go for it Geno. I'm sure it would be a success and I'd be waiting for pictures. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

jackhammer

What do you do... eat, meet, greet, oh...and ride your horses... what else?

Geno I don't think you understood Craig  -  ride "your" horses.

• Like 4

KyBlue

What do you do...

eat, meet, greet, oh...and ride your horses...

what else?

What else? I say we divide up Geno's collection among those who show up... :)

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:thumbs:     Bingo...now that's how it works.   :thumbs: 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

KyBlue

Uh oh, the all powerful Geno ... has yet to speak ... he must be occupied out horse hunting ... :laughing-rofl:

Geno

How did you know, just got back.  I'll fill you guys in in the morning, it's bedtime.    :popcorn:

KyBlue

Uh oh lol

• Like 1

Coadster32

Rule#1: You have to be at the meet & greet.

Don't just fake others out with a "meet & greet" so you can go get all the tractors in the area!! :ychain:

In CT, we started at our homes, and just took turns. The more we did it, the more people came. A lot of fun. Good luck with yours. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Geno

Now that was a priceless idea.  :eusa-think: