Sign in to follow this  
Brian1045

Slot receiver

Brian1045

Could someone give me the dimensions of the Wheel Horse standard male slot hitch that goes into the female receiver?

Width, Length, and Height. I'm going to have a welding shop make me one.

Thanks in advance!

nsmith

Are you refering to the adapter to go from the WH Slot hitch to a Brinly style sleeve hitch(WH calls it a clevis hitch) I have a shop making this for me right now. I going to get extra made to help cover the price of my own. I have a slot hitch plow but a disc that is a sleeve hitch. Not my website or hitch. Is this it?

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhors...tos/browse/7faa

Of course RedSquare members would get a discount.......

sorry if that is some one on this site

Brian1045

I'm just talking about the standard WH steel blank those goes into the stock receiver. The one everyone has, but I don't. :USA:

I had one years ago and I've misplaced it. I'm sure most of them from Sears or Lowes are all universal. I'm needing a couple of them actually.

I'm going to weld one to a Clevis to make it a slot hitch implement.

If you don't mind post some pics of your adapter when it gets done. :banghead:

Thanks for the reply nsmith

Brian1045

linen beige

Are you talking about the flat steel piece that goes into the sleeve hitch to pull standard drawbar implements? If so you can make them from 2"x1/4" flat stock. The holes are 1/2" centered 1 1/4" from each end, with the non-tractor end radiused (rounded off when looking at the flat side.) just a bit. It should be about 7 1/4 " long, but length can vary as long as it will seat into the sleeve and still give you room to hitch the implement.

Brian1045

Thanks linen, Your measurements are excatly what I needed. mcwh1950, your link is also something I'm saving. I have a couple old clevis style implements. I may just alter them to fit the slot style hitch.

:banghead: :USA:

Nick

I was just taking pictures in the garage so I shot a couple of the slot hitch drawbars Ive picked up. I think they are all home built and measure around 2" x 1/2"

hitches001.jpg

hitches002.jpg

linen beige

I just took a closer look at one of mine and it is 1/2" thick, and the one I thought was 1/4" is actually 3/8". :banghead: