Sign in to follow this  
bl8ckb3ar

Mowing deck questions

bl8ckb3ar

Hey guys i just joined this forum. I dont know what year it is but i have an old c-160 automatic with a 16 horse kohler. She runs like new and is our only form of lawn equipment. unfortunatly last year one of the deck pully shafts threw a barring or something and the inside is all mired up. I was wondering if i could cut all three out and replace them with universal hubs from tractor supply? also my trasmission whines like crazy and i read on here that it might be low on fluid so i pulled the dipstick and nothing showed. i looked for a filling hole but couldnt find one so i just started pouring it in the dipstick tupe which, took forever! all in all i added two quarts and it still doesnt show up and it whines just as much... am i doing something wrong? thanks guys

kj4kicks

:banghead:

New deck spindles and bearings are still available from your dealer. I wouldn't recommend cutting your deck to try to install universal hubs. The chances of ever getting it to cut level again are slim.

As for the the uni-drive: yes, you are filling it in the right place. They do tend to get air-locked, so fast filling isn't a reality most times. Keep adding until it reaches the full mark. If it was that low, you may have done some damage. Might as well replace the filter while you're at it. Make sure to use an OEM filter, NOT aftermarket.

E.

bl8ckb3ar

Oh that would be great, im sick of pulling this swisher 60" tag along. she still throws snow for us though

Duff

Can't add any technical expertise to this discussion, but wanted to say :USA:

Glad to have you among us; there's a ton of knowegable folks here ('cept for me, that is!)!

Again, :omg:

Duff :banghead:

Oh, yeah: :thumbs:

Raider12

Glad to have on bvoard here at the site. I would have to agree not to alter your deck. There are plenty of part available for it. Denver :banghead::USA: :omg: