deer_remington

Wheel Horse 520H identification

deer_remington

Just came home with a 520H. Belonged to one of my hunting buddies father. Hasn't ran in about 4 years. Is in kind of rough shape but will be fun to bring back to life. Just wondering if someone can help me identify the year of this tractor. Found what is left of the ID tag on the fender pan. ID tag had been painted over. Cleaned it up with some steel wool and these are the numbers that were revealed. 4120OE01 and 12922. It has the swept front end and the 20 hp Onan was replaced 121 hours ago with a brand new engine. Haven't gotten it to start yet but more to come on that.

cheesegrader

That should be a 1990.

The first year for the swept axle on the 520H.

Geno

It is a 1990.  :)

zieg72

1990 model did not come with the gear reduction steering

Geno

A model number 41-20OE01 is a 1990 520H, no mistake.  :)

deer_remington

Thanks for the info thus far. Some more questions for you guys. I need parts numbers for the neutral safety switch (3 prongs), the pto safety switch (6 prongs), the fuse block, and the 9 pin molex plug. The wiring on this machine is a mess. If there is an alternate method to replace the fuse block ( in line fuses) I am good with that just looking for some info to get this thing running. I had it running this morning for a few minutes but I believe replacing these items will help it run more consistently. Thanks

Edited by deer_remington

Racinbob

:WRS::wwp:  Go to the manuals section here and you'll find both the wiring diagram and the parts list. :)

cheesegrader

Throw out that %&**ing fuse block and replace it with sealed automotive individual in-line fuses!

Check the wires in the area, and if they are brittle, replace them.  

Bad fuse block=overheating=cooked, brittle wires prone to breakage.

Clean the safety switches.  That always does it for me.  I haven't had to replace them.

There was a post about a month ago about the 9-pin molex connector.  It can be redone with molex parts, or it can be thrown away, and replaced with a screw-down connector.