• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JHorseman
      Hey all, 
      i recently picked up a Raider 8 and and Charger 12 to add to my small but growing collection. Both need restored including paint and I have never had much painting experience when it comes to auto paint. Can someone give me some helpful tips on prep , like if i need to strip it to bare metal or not and what colors to use? As well as how to mix the paint with hardener and clear coat. 
      Thank you in advance! 

• By harvtheman99
      does anyone know what the correct paint for a wheel horse 227-5 as i have bought one and it needs restoring. if you could tell me what it is it would be much appreciated. thank you

• By OILUJ52
      Wanted 1 front rim that fits a 520H, 1" swept axle.
      PM or call 7248804552
    • By spitfire1
      Really excited about finding this great 854 last week. Planning on spending some time this fall getting her running nice and showing the K181 some love. Planning on restoring the old girl over the winter. I will post progress pictures here as I get the project under way.

• By grnlark
      In a previous thread, several folks asked me how I painted my rims with tires already mounted. I recently did another set, so I illustrated the process as I did it. Typically, I like to paint the rims after they are mounted anyways, because inevitably when you have tires mounted on painted rims you’ll always scratch or nick them somewhere. I like to get the rims all cleaned up, blasted and primed, then mount my tires. Here’s my process:

1) Rims were sandblasted and primed with self-etching primer. Tires and tubes were mounted. Everything was wiped down with a pre-kleeno wax and grease remover prior to taping.
      2) Using blue 3M tape, I go all the way around the rim slipping the tape between the rubber and rim occasionally tucking it tight with a very small standard screwdriver.
      3) Then I create a wider tape ring a few inches out from the rim lip.
      4) Slide the whole thing into a kitchen garbage bag.
      5) Cut a hole in the bag revealing your tape ring below.
      6) Tape the bag to your tape ring previously created on the tire.
      7) For silver rims, I like Eastwood Silver Argent rally wheel paint and I use a Rust-Oleum Crystal Clear.
      http://www.eastwood.com/silver-argent-rally-wheel-paint-set.html
      8) I wipe the rims down a few more times with a pre-kleeno wax and grease remover, blow them off with the gun,  then shoot two coats of color and two coats of clear. I find that the Rust-Oleum clear holds a much better shine if you don’t let it set long between coats. As soon as it flashes, hit it with round 2. I do all four coats in about 20 minutes.