Pullstart

502 a garden plot and some family time

Pullstart

Well the tractor aint much to look at, I figured I'd run the engine mounted tank out of fuel before pulling it and getting the hood back over the new K181T.  but we were running the disc this weekend and a camera was handy...

memories I hope my girls don't soon forget

post-10921-0-11288700-1412598294_thumb.j

• Like 7

jackhammer

pullstart great pic of all but you look spooked ,,,

Pullstart

you would be too if you've seen the way my 4 year old drives :)  1st gear can really get away from ya...  they both do a very good job.

Edited by pullstart

jackhammer

:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

dandan111

Anything for a little more weight! Looks like good times.

Pullstart

true story dandan,  front and rear tires are loaded and I'll work on getting pictures of my custom front hanging weight.  it's a quick attach/detach and is full of cement.  the thing has got to be close to 1.5 times the original weight if not more, it's a workout to push around the garage even.

And by the way I mounted a 1/8" plate across the front of the mower deck to keep grass clippings from flying forward and it doubles as a pretty effective leveler for the dirt mounds kids make!

Tankman

Wheel Horse, a family affair! The way it was meant to be!

• Like 1

Racinbob

Definitely a Kodak moment. Your girls won't forget it. Classic tractor, Dad and his girls.......priceless and then topped off with a cherry.........bomb stack. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Pullstart

along with prepping the motorhome for the Winchester 400 this weekend (!!!!!!)  I managed to pull the generator tank and brackets, mount the Kohler Command fuel pump and get the old girl's hood back on tonight.  I'll have to take a couple pictures of it for some front weight detail.  yep, that's a cherry bomb glasspack topping the whole package off ;)

boovuc

That's a cool picture. Love it!

WH nut

You must no have had the rain up that way, my garden is a mud pit yet.

Pullstart

no we've had plenty of rain... I guess I've got enough drainage that the dirt was just a little damp.

Pullstart

yesterday we had the tractors out, snapped a picture of the front hanging weight and the hood on.  The weight is an aluminum piece that my father in-law's shop made as a sample.  Customer ended up changing their mind I guess!  It's full of cement and along with the filled tires I can actually steer in the garden.

post-10921-0-46299300-1413796738_thumb.j

• Like 2

Tim Bergfeld

Well you said she ain't much to look at. Here is my take on it. She may not be the prettiest girl at the ball but at least your dancing. I like it

Tim

Pullstart

Thanks Tim!  Don't get me wrong, I love the little thing...  But it's surely not the prettiest on this site!

squonk

Is that an old cherry bomb muffler?  :)

Ken B

Sure looks it to me Mike, heavy suckers. I've had them on quite a few cars backs in the day. I had a real nice black 79 Z-28 that had a built 327 Vette motor in it with headers and Cherry Bombs. When you got into it, WICKED LOUD. I can remember late one Friday night me and a buddy were doing donuts around a light pole in the Caldor parking lot for what seemed like 5 minutes with that 327 wide open most of the time. What can I say, It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. A Brookfield cop showed up and told me he heard this evil sound from well over a mile away and just followed the noise until he found me at the end of it. He told me that was enough for now and sent me on my way! And that is my Cherry Bomb fondest memory...

By the way, cool tractor but unsupported that is a pretty heavy muffler...

• Like 2

AMC RULES

We gonna need a video clip here...

gotta hear it sing WFO.   :music-listen:   :popcorn:

• Like 1

Pullstart

it is a cherry bomb, I welded the reducer from a stock Honda shadow exhaust into the top, so it's got a baffled 3/4" opening.  it's not too loud, but it's a fun touch!   I do plan on getting a support bracket put together for it and it seems like pictures are tough enough, we'll see about a movie some day :)

jackhammer

I'm getting older by the minute

• Like 1

Pullstart

Here's a quick video of the K181T purring away.  I need to modify my throttle linkage so my governor will do what it needs to do, so I run it on the conservative side.

my first youtube video!  there's some harmonics at the end, I think that's the steering shaft bushing... or lack of one

special thanks to AMC RULES for the help with my first video insert!

http://youtu.be/e0RRPoAEqYs 

Edited by pullstart
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:  Holy crap! 

That's loud!    :eusa-doh:

Pullstart

naw, I think it's just right!  I would love to get the governor working correctly so I can really put a load on it and see how it sounds.  a tractor always sounds better when it's chuggin' a little