lawnboy63

Loader Value?

lawnboy63

Looking for some insight and value of a loader.

model # 97-40Fl01

boovuc

That is a Front loader designed for the C-Series tractors from 1974 to 1979. (Very much the same as the Ark Model P7-40FL01 in the early to mid 80's).

Made by ARK Manufacturing for Wheelhorse. They did not have the same maximum lift rating as the Kwik-Way loaders of the late 80's through the 90's but they were built heavier. Most used a small aircraft hydraulic pump from Cessna which can still be easily rebuilt.

I found and bought my Ark Loader with the same model number as you stated for 500 dollars over a year ago. I needed to rebuild each cylinder not due to leaking but for blow-by as it would not lift much over 200 lbs and the lift arms would drop about an inch every minute once raised.

If the unit is all there, (pump, pump mount, belt, sub-frame, braces, etc), and it "functions", it could be worth over 1000 bucks for someone who really has been looking for one that will bolt right up to a Wheelhorse. Be prepared to put some repairs into it to make it 100% functional. If it has been sitting outside and the cylinders are rusted, hoses are shot and or parts/pieces are missing, I would pay between 200 and 400 bucks for it knowing how much more I would need to invest in it to make it work. My own rule of thumb is to NOT have more than 1500 dollars in an Ark Loader. Again, this is just my opinion.

Kwikway loaders are newer and are usually in better shape than Ark loaders though, as I found mine in a barn and it wasn't left out to the elements, they can be worth similar money.

Here's the thing...................it is worth what you are willing to pay for it if you really want one. I waited 5 years before I found one that fit my budget. I have not seen an Ark loader go for more than 1500 dollars and that is why I keep that maximum amount of investment in the back of my head.

Make sense?

Stay warm up there in Kane this weekend! Indian summer is over in PA I think!  :)