Sign in to follow this  
Vinylguy

C120 160 & Electro Automatic Decals

Vinylguy

WHICH OF THESE C-160 STYLE DECALS WOULD THESE INSTRUCTIONAL DECALS HAVE BEEN FOR?

td

C-160AUTOMATICCOMPLETESET.jpg

C-160AUTODECALS.jpg

kj4kicks

I know some of these decals were used for many years, and several models. Please post the ones that you are sure about and what they are correct for.

Thanks,

E.

kpinnc

Not sure of the number of years they were used, but I know the white ones were used in 1978, and I think the red ones started being used in 1974...

Kevin

TT

These decals didn't exist for the 1973 to 1977 C series tractors:

C-160AUTOMATICCOMPLETESET.jpg

That style/scheme started in 1978 and was used on the C-81/101/121/141/161 models only. (but not the C-161 twin as the hood was fiberglass and resembles the C-XX5 models) I think the last few years of the D series used that same style too. (but not the D-250's)

edit

The other decals below them in your picture were used from 1973 (8/10/12/14/16 8 speeds and 10/12/14/16/18 Automatics (and many lawn tractors and some attachments) until (and including) 1977.

C-Series14

Agree with what TT said. Also keep in mind there was no C-120 or a C-175 8-speed. I can go out to the barn and look at all my 1978-1984 models and see what the instruction ones match. They may have also been used on models before 1978...

C-Series14

1978-1984 instruction decals are black if that helps. Red must of been used prior to 1978. The black Lift, F-N-R, PTO Clutch decals must go to the 1977 and earlier Auto's. The Lift and PTO Clutch decals are one piece on the 1978-1979 models. Decal wraps around front side of steering shaft.

TT

Also keep in mind there was no C-120

I know you meant to type C-140, Mike. :banghead:

C-Series14

Of course I did!!! :banghead: B-120 was the one I was thinking of. Too much sun today.....