slammer302

Spray on bed liner

slammer302

I've seen the topic come up a couple times about using spray on bed liner for under a deck so I thought i would share my experience with it here's a few pics of my deck off my lawn ranger that I used this summer for mowing that I used spray on bed liner.3f56e1d9426fe633fdae0f6a7334a17d.jpg50ab25c0cade1afb42a04faa84fd2bfe.jpg I will say the only place that is flaking off is were I welded in a stainless steel patch when I restored the deck I'm not disappointed in how it held up its about what I expected I think using POR15 or easy slide graphite coating would be the better route but this is cheap and was worth a try hope this helps someone out

• Like 1

Tankman

My decks are removed annually then set on saw horses for cleaning and inspection.

I thought of using bed liner spray, simple and inexpensive.

I going to use the spray this winter. Thanks for the pic's.

The deck you have shown I made a couple using the WH mechanicals along with 316 SS. Those were the days. My sons still have the SS decks, painted WH red of course!   :)

GlenPettit

I think that most of the "Spray Bed Liners" have a rough-softer surface (to keep things from sliding around in the bed of a truck).

On the underside of your deck, you want a very smooth-hard surface so the moist clippings slide off easily and don't stick.

POR15 alone is excellent, hard and very smooth.  I like to also use "Slip Plate" (liquid Graphite) on the underside, and then redo the graphite every year.

IMO, the Bed Liner may not be the better choice if it is rough-soft, unless the actual surface itself resists grass sticking (like a silicone coating would).

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 3

Coadster32

I have used rustoleums bed-liner spray with pretty good luck. I'd suggest staying away from dupicolor's version.

Lane Ranger

Clear POR -15 was used (two coats and one spray paint rustoleum overcoat) on two of my deck restore projects several years ago.  They are both still operating and no rust or undersurface holes! 

post-339-0-02325700-1412176818_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-53368500-1412176796_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

slammer302

I did this before I new about por 15 like a week before I found out about it and as you can see the grass does stick to it but I don't see any rust

• Like 1

Forest Road

I used spray on bed liner on foot rests for one horse. It seemed to hold up well for that application. Looked pretty good to.

I too will be going the POR15 route for my deck one day.

• Like 1

oaktown1987

Lubriplate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

specialwheelhorse

There is a marine grade liner that is slick and will withstand

A constantly wet environment !!!

953 nut

:twocents-twocents:  I used Plasti dip spray on a deck a few years ago and love the results, clippings will wash off after mowing and I haven't seen any chipping at all.

:text-goodpost: 

slammer302

Here's a pic of my commando 8 deck I used the ez slide graphite coating nothing really stuck to the bottom but the coating is long gone in sum spots and I only had a few hours of mowing on it sense I cleaned and put the coating on so if you don't mind recoating a few times a year I would say it works well

a9688ed6171d99732382c2daef08ad47.jpgPic