mark89

b80

mark89

whats up i have a b80 8 speed id like to make a puller out of was wondering what i needit to do have a ten hp kohleer to replace the eight 

rmaynard

If I understand you correctly, you want to replace the K181 with a K241. You will have to remove the mounting plate for the K181, and you will need to get a drive pulley for a 1-1/8" crankshaft since the one on your K181 is only 1". A little bit of rerouting on the wiring and cables, and that's about all I can think of at the moment.

slammer302

I put a Kohler 10hp on my b-80 it wasn't to bad dca7134314e6e6161f7ed70e5475aa87.jpg the k181 was long gone before I got it or I would of left it on

slammer302

From what I have heard the b series has a two inch shorter frame so your front motor mount bolts end up right under the front axle they are a pain to get in other than that it bolts right on

baerpath

There are two different B80's short frame and long frame, the long frame had the 8spd short was a 4 spd

slammer302

Mine is a 4 speed

rmaynard

I am assuming the B-80 is either a 61-08K801 or 71-08K801 since it has an 8 speed. Either one should have the long frame and be a direct fit for the K241. Just remember that the two mounting flanges will hang over the frame on the PTO side, and the mounting bolts go up through the frame and into the holes in the bottom of the oil pan.

oldblue1993

I put a 12 on my b-80, pretty easy and nice fit but choke cables and throttle were a bit shorter and need a little rerouting but went easy enough. Sure brought some life into her. B-100 BOB is right about the pulley but I am sure there are some wheelhorse pulleys floating around.

My son pulled with ours at the fair, she was sure impressive!

Edited by oldblue1993

slammer302

If you get the motor off a wheel horse it might already have the pulleys u need