Geno

Tri Rib Tire Sizes

Geno

I've been talking with a tire manufacturer this morning about tires.  The big 3 distributors in KY don't have much of a selection and don't keep much in the way of stock so I'm looking into going direct on some things.  All they want to sell is Carlisle and the price is just a little out there.  :eusa-doh:

The company is Countrywide and they have a lifetime guarantee even for hazards.  This company is also prepared to make what they do not already have if there is a demand.  I may very well become a tire distributor on some of these if I can get volume and pricing in order. 

What are you guys buying as far as size in a 3 rib and what are you paying?  You can include pricing on other tires and sizes as well if you like as I will be talking to them about those also.    :)

I'm just going to start keeping track up here so I can find it all.

Slammer - Deestone 4.00-8 the set I bought were 56$ delivered   http://www.greatercl...-F-dsh-2/Detail  

Ken B - 16-6.50-8' Firestones 160 bucks

Edited by Geno

slammer302

I've been buying Deestone 4.00-8 the set I bought were 56$ for the set sent to my front door I bought another set at the steam show 25$ a peice

I ordered through gct.com there prices are hard to beat went to a local tire shop they wouldn't even try to beat or match there prices

slammer302

Here's what the tire has on it a tube type 4ply nylon 4.00-8 I believe the part # D-401-01 I don't know how to put a link up I'm using my phone but I just checked greater Cleveland tire and they are 39.50$ for a set

• Like 1

Geno

That's the ones in the link, thanks Slammer.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

I'll be able to beat the locals pretty hard cause if this works out they will be the ones buying from me.  :popcorn:

slammer302

Yep that looks like it

Geno

Is slammer the only one who bought these?   Anyone bought a tri rib in a 16-650-8?

Brrly1

As a matter of fact I have. I've bought a couple sets of the Firestone tires. There mounted on the GT16 loader tractor, C175 with tall chute blower along with the 520xi that I run 48" blade. I like the tire even in the winter they work well. I thought about using a roller chain on the outside of the tire for traction on ice but haven't as yet

Firpo701

Been thinking about getting a pair of 4.00-8's myself...;-)

Bobie01

Im also thinking about 3 rib did anyone have a pic from a 4.00x8 on a Wheel Horse?Personally I would make them an o Raider 10. I hope it s no problem that I help asking ;)

RMCIII

5 rib for me.

slammer302

Here's a set on my 4016331c20f2a94e89805e85240a3d3846d.jpg00e883773e3f8a6a28335b08f5b107dc.jpg

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Im also thinking about 3 rib did anyone have a pic from a 4.00x8 on a Wheel Horse?Personally I would make them an o Raider 10. I hope it s no problem that I help asking ;)

Set of Deestones from GTC on a C-161 $56 delivered

post-13276-0-18116400-1412016024_thumb.j

post-13276-0-29144800-1412016092_thumb.j

Geno

Where are you guys getting them from and what are you paying for them?  

slammer302

U also have a set of 4.00-8 AGS on my lawn ranger which cost about the same price I think they would look good on the front of a bigger WH610cb47a74a81df055d6cf7053d72fc9.jpg

Geno

5 rib for me.

Like these fronts? 

post-13404-0-52698200-1412016363_thumb.j

Edited by Geno

slammer302

Got them at greater Cleveland tire too

RMCIII

Well, M.E. is where a lot of guys go along with GCT. However the prices at M.E are high. But they are name brands. Firestones....Ag tires front or rear with a Firestone name with cost some $$$

Geno

Got them at greater Cleveland tire too

I've been looking but can't find them there.  :eusa-doh:

Well, M.E. is where a lot of guys go along with GCT. However the prices at M.E are high. But they are name brands. Firestones....Ag tires front or rear with a Firestone name with cost some $$$

I'm trying to find a low cost alternative for people who don't want to pay for the name.   :)

Well, yes and no... Here is a link to where some of the members go and you will see the 5 rib is quite a bit different. Much deeper tread.

http://www.millertire.com/categories/lawn-garden-tires/18x8-50-8/

Thanks  :)

Edited by Geno

RMCIII

The savings you will be able to offer will not be felt in the quality of the tire.. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Geno

What size are these being ordered in and what are they being put on, these are 18-850-8, is that a size you guys use a lot?     http://www.millertir...ires/18x8-50-8/

Edited by Geno

RMCIII

No, just on the "xi" line.

Big front tire

RMCIII

Actually that should have been the 16 x 7.5 x 8 sorry

Geno

I can't find that style on that site in that size.  Do you have a link to it?