RMCIII

WHAT WILL YOU BE USING TO CLEAR SNOW 2014!!!????

RMCIII

:scared-eek:  Is it that time of year again already? :eusa-think:  I guess, since a few of the members have PMd me to start a new one...... HERE WE GO!!!!! This really was a very active thread last year.... Some 12,000 plus hits and over 300 responses..... Some of you may have the same set-up, that is OK, we want to see it again anyway. I know mine will stil be the same...... DUKE, we are awaiting to see the additions you decide to put on the chucker, this year..... Remember that photos are good as a "preview", but videos make the thread come to life......

And remember to all those who have a snowblower, keep a good supply of SnoJet on hand..... I know, sounds like I am a spokesman for the product.... Tried all kinds of stuff in the last 3 seasons, SonJet still is the best performing "snowblower" lubricant I have used so far..... Besides giving it a really good waxing before season starts........ SO> WHO IS FIRST??????? Mine will be posted right around mid October when the deck somes off. :wwp:  :wwp:  :wwp:

Rob

• Like 1

squonk

That blade would look cool if it had one of those old Sno eater decals from the 70's on it!  :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Sno Eater? 

Firpo701

Ye olde trusty :wh: 701! :-)

post-12671-0-81898100-1411819126_thumb.j

post-12671-0-70504000-1411819176_thumb.j

post-12671-0-22942300-1411819226_thumb.j

• Like 7

Lane Ranger

My  1993  314 with 42 inch five sector snowplow and my 1967 Lawn Ranger with the STR-324 snowthrower are going to be the main team this year.    I have rubber tire chains for the 314 which I will put on when it snows!   I have used  Sno-Jet every season on my snowthrower also!  Stuff works great!

post-339-0-43322000-1411819501_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-42201900-1411819548_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 5

KyBlue

I'm still mowing ... LoL  Will get pics/video when I put the plow on or .... have to use it.  

Thankfully I usually end up doing several neighbors driveway's too ... more seat time! :)

• Like 3

Ethan and Randies horses

hopefully my restored c-120 automatic no pics yet.

squonk

Sno Eater? 

Might be hard to describe. There was a snow pile in it that was on the blade in the center along the bottom just like the snow would be if you were plowing. Then a big mouth was around the snow pile with some teeth. Then a couple of eyes were along the top of the plow. It looked like it was having fun eating the snow. I'm trying to find a pic of one but no luck so far.

This isn't the decal but you sort of get  the idea.

post-2380-0-86564700-1411822786.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

fabricator2009

Will be using the trusty D160 with the 48" blower. Recently purchased a 44", 2stage blower. Now I need to find a tractor to put it on. Nothing like putting the cart before the Wheelhorse.

Ed Kennell

Something here should work. 

Can't wait to see what that little Sears iron 2 wheeler will do. 

The new 520 w/ heated cab will be my go to machine on cold days. 

The Yammy  4wheeler is for clean up on warm days.

The C-125 is the back up blower.

Of course the two long handles always work.

post-7208-0-70257800-1411823912_thumb.jp

post-7208-0-54011700-1411823930_thumb.jp

• Like 8

RMCIII

Craig and Lane - I'm not so sure those should not be in a museum!!!!! Or are they just a really nice 5 footer? :laughing-rofl:

Ed - if you can't get it moved with that group of worthy snow removal items, IT AIN'T GONNA GET MOVED!

Mike - I want to see the "XI"

Fir - That is one LLLOOOOOONNNGGGGG LANE! Talk about seat time! :ychain:

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

My house is a museum with no charge for visitors!

• Like 8

doc724

The 520xi with 42 inch single stage will get pressed into service when the snow exceeds 8 inches.  Anything less than 8 inches, the 314-8, also with a 42 inch single stage will get the nod.  Why two?  Because my wife will not drive the xi, but the 314 is "her tractor".  Might as well teach her to use it in the winter!

• Like 2

RMCIII

Don - I admire a better half wanting to be part of the action, however, I also am very thankful my better half has decided driving anything other than a SUV is probably not healthy for the enviorment!!!! :laughing-rofl:

Navig8r

same thing as last year, my 40 year old Gilson!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

post-12383-141184936168_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

RMCIII

NAV - That thing looks to be in very good condition for 40 yrs. old!

Rob

• Like 1

chazm

The 314 & Raider-10

f20197eb-70e2-4670-b6f1-ee5cac71a256_zps

006_zps320afc18.jpg

Edited by chazm
  • Like 4

Navig8r

NAV - That thing looks to be in very good condition for 40 yrs. old!

Rob

It was my Grandfathers,,,, he bought it in May of '74, I have the original receipt!  He was meticulous about its care, just like his WH that I have now, and everything else he owned.

He ran it for his small driveway (~20 x 50) for about 30 yrs,, then it sat in his garage most of the time for a couple years before I took it to my parents.... it spent the next few years doing my dads 180' driveway, and last winter was our (my wife and I) first winter in our home... it worked well as always through all the storms on my driveway (~100' x 18')   It is a B&S 8 hp, and it runs well!  They really don't make em like this anymore! :(

-T.J.

Edited by Navig8r
  • Like 2

oaktown1987

Nothing if I don't get my plow fixed or a new one for my 875

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

stratostar250

Ahh, I loved this thread last year! I'll try to let you all know in a few days, I'll try to get a picture of the winter assault team!  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

Stigian

If it snows here this winter I will be once again using my 312-8... No big rear tires on it this year though ..

DSCF3138.jpg

P2061580.jpg

• Like 7

RMCIII

Chas - That was some deep snow from last year..... Like to see a couple videos this year of it being removed!!!! :laughing-rofl:

Stig - I had no idea it snowed that much in the UK.. Serious, I was stationed there for 2.5 years, only saw about an inch at the most.... Gotta ask, are those homemade skis of sort attached to the back of a homemade rollbar? :handgestures-thumbupright:

Tom - remember not just photos, VIDEOS!!!!!

Oak --- I just put mine snowblower on yesterday to finsish makeing final adjustments.. Finished that now it is being taken back off until it needs to be placed back on.....

RMCIII

Sno Eater? 

Mike - are you taking about the emblem that was on mantainers and plow trucks? I vaguley remember seeing one on the front of a "V" blade after the terrible snow in 1978.

Rob

Fun Engineer

This has been my go to tractor for the past 7 years. She's being retired or sold not sure which yet. [emoji2]

8upa6a5e.jpg

• Like 2