RMCIII

WHAT WILL YOU BE USING TO CLEAR SNOW 2014!!!????

shallowwatersailor

Hey Bob, is that cylinder in the lower chute section stock, or is that something you added?  My tall chute has a ZEE shaped wire there.

Ed, that was a change in 1995 on the 79360 for the 300/400/500. The 79365 for the 5xi always had it. It must improve the performance.

• Like 1

Jrblanke

James - was that photo from last year? That is some serious snow for Raleigh..... I vacationed in that area a while back.. Really nice area... Nice WH also!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the complement. I have enjoyed the 314 since I've had it. I got some wheel weights which should help this year.

That snow last year was an unusually large amount and it really caught the city off guard. If you google "raleigh snowmagedden 2014" you will see the picture that went viral last year with the car on fire and the Fred's beds truck that is stuck in the middle of the road. Nobody knew the snow would be that bad and when it came down at such a fast rate, all the schools and businesses let people out at the same time. The roads were gridlocked and people were stranded in their cars.

Nice xi by the way! Looks like you are ready to rock and roll.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks John, Looks like something I should add to my tall chute.

indywheelhorsenut

Ag tires and weights or turf tires with chains and weights?? I just got somr new ag tires and am tempted to use them on my c160 auto this winter.. any recommendations? The turf tires weights and chains worked well but scarred the driveway...

RMCIII

Indy - you are in the midwest. Ag tires, with just weights, will not be enough unless your driveway is completely flat. But backing up, you will still have issues if you drop the chains. They do make rubber chains. John uses them.

John - how good are the rubber chains you use?

Rob

RMCIII

Doc - I hope so also.....

Ed - I see that John answered for me.... I have seen those "Z" shaped grates. I thought that would impeed the snow being blown. An open chute, is a happy chute, is what my moto has always been. :)

shallowwatersailor

I like the rubber chains because there isn't any marking of the driveway. But they are equivalent to a four link metal chain in spacing so thump-thump-thump while on a dry surface and smooth in snow. I actually have used them in dirt and they will dig a hole if you take too much of a bite with the blade! There definitely is enough traction.

• Like 1

ranger

Ranger - so it is airport application... Would be neat to see one of those in action!

Fun - 2" is enough to get "GET THIS PART STARTED"!!!! :happy-wavemulticolor:  :occasion-gift:  :party:

google: aebi schmidt  youtube and select airport technology, some serious kit on there.

Doug.

• Like 1

jwiss1995

I'll be using my GT1142 this year. I got rear chains, rear bolens weights and I believe a 42 inch plow. It'll be the first time plowing with this tractor but I've had it for about 2 years mowing with it.

post-11142-0-14191600-1415043133_thumb.j

Edited by jwiss1995
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Lot's of photos. Thanks guys, keep them coming.... It's just a matter of time now.... Who will post the first video??? My bet is on Duke! Course, we do have a couple members in Minnesota... They could possibly get an early snow.....

Rob

Fun Engineer

There must be someone in Bangor, Maine that's getting some seat time. Maybe they're still out in the snow [emoji2]

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1slowwago

My 212-h with snow blower and cab. First wheel horse and gonna be my first season snow blowing. I can't wait!!!

• Like 1

Dgibby

I posted earlier with my 314-8 that I will be using. I just picked up a Cab off CL thanks to Doc724 who gave me the heads up on it! So I thought I'd post a few new pictures.88af47107b330dd7cf7c5ccfdc3f3cca.jpg2c2e6fe889eb1ebb0fbf7be6c92a1a0d.jpg

• Like 5

Fun Engineer

Great looking equipment Dgibby. You're going to love having the cab.

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk

Edited by Fun Engineer

stratostar250

So, it took me longer than I thought it would to get pictures, but here is the :wh: Winterforce 2014/2015!

post-12245-0-39701300-1415214932_thumb.j

post-12245-0-60256900-1415214952_thumb.j

The D-250 will only be brought out if large amounts need to be moved, and not during a storm,  I may try to put my 48" blade on the 1277, but I don't know if the frame is much different than the newer style mount and will work, I'll check it out.  And I'm going to add wheel weights on the 310-8 and use it without chains to see how the Carlisle All Trail's work by themselves.  Can't wait for snow!!  :)

• Like 4

bmsgaffer

post-12245-0-60256900-1415214952.jpg

Captain Planet? C'mon now... :angry-nono:

:laughing-rofl:

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 4

RMCIII

Tom - nice line up!

Rob

• Like 1

stratostar250

Captain Planet? C'mon now... :angry-nono:

:laughing-rofl:

:laughing-rofl: Captain Planet hahaha, Captain Wheel Horse maybe?
  • Like 2

JustinW.73

I'm going to use my new to me this year 1973 raider 12 with the single stage short shoot snowblower. Still need to get wheel weights, chains, and hopefully a cab. If anyone has a cab and wheel weights and chains that the would get rid of for a good price let me know. I live in Iowa so it would have to be in or very close (east or north of Iowa).  

• Like 1

KyBlue

These are a few years back, when I lived in town Still .. and my poor baby had to sit outside :( 

IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5778-1.jpg

But hey I had more places to plow ... haha The City used to leave a huge ledge in that parking lot ... since I had a friend that lived there... I'd always take care of it. The City guys gave me a thumbs up now and again .. LoL!

Haven't yet mounted a plow this year ... Will be doing that Sunday I believe. We've already had snow ... granted it didn't stick but..figure i best be prepared!

• Like 1

RMCIII

Justin - Brrly1 (member) lives in Iowa, he may have something lying around his place.... John?

KY - In the first photo, you need to shift the lens a little to the right so we can see the rest of the ole Ford sitting in the driveway! I did not even see the rest of your photos, what kind of horse did you say you have? :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:

Rob

Edited by RMCIII

Steve NW WI

10 years ago, I'd have bought a blade and maybe a blower already for my new to me B-80.  However, I'm older, fatter, lazier, and appreciate a nice warm cab more these days, so the 88 Chev with an 8 1/2' Western on the front will keep the farm yard clear while I'm in a tshirt.

I'll save playing with the WH for days when it's nice enough to enjoy it.  The biggest problem here is that after the snow ends, the thermometer usually heads for the south side of zero in a hurry, along with a stiff north wind.  I just ain't as big a fan of cold as I used to be.

When the piles of snow get in the way, I've got a Massey Ferguson 180 with loader to move the snow elsewhere.

Edited by Steve NW WI
  • Like 1

Ken B

I posted earlier with my 314-8 that I will be using. I just picked up a Cab off CL thanks to Doc724 who gave me the heads up on it! So I thought I'd post a few new pictures.88af47107b330dd7cf7c5ccfdc3f3cca.jpg2c2e6fe889eb1ebb0fbf7be6c92a1a0d.jpg

Nice setup. You stole that cab! I saw it on C/L myself...

RMCIII

Ken, you mean Geno missed another great sweet deal?!

• Like 1

squonk

I hope to get pics soon. Stuff is still in mothballs. I feel better enough to start tinkering. My 2 cycle Tecky snow blowers are done.  :)  Speaking of video's the first to post a vid of someone actually getting in and out of a cab gets a free hot dog at the show. :eusa-think: I want to see you do it. I have enough trouble getting on and off a tractor without a cab on. :)

• Like 1