RMCIII

WHAT WILL YOU BE USING TO CLEAR SNOW 2014!!!????

bmsgaffer

Hey all you horse guys I have a question anyone ever use a 520 h to plow with. I have one way back in the corner of a barn and have been thinking of dragging it out for winter to play with. But I have been wanting this simplicity to be finished to use it I have been obsessed with it. That's kinda my thing I buy them get them running then park them and move on to the next project anyway how does the 520h plow

Tim

Good to see another member in Cincy. Get that 520 out and plow! (or if you don't want to, I have been looking for a plow and adapters for the 520 :teasing-poke: )

It helps with our winters around here to have wheel weights and chains. Our first layers of snow always turn to ice so the chains help grip once you get the top snow off. The more weight you get over the rear tires (especially if you have any hills) the better.

However, at my parents house we did plow a relatively flat drive with a C-105 for 20 years without any weights or chains (We did have AG tires). It was just a little more difficult when it got icy or heavy snow.

• Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

Well looks like I will be using a 3520 with a blower after today. I pick it up tomorrow I can't sleep I feel like a kid at Christmas. I am going to have to clear out some room for this beast.

Tim

Edited by Tim Bergfeld
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Don't forget the pics!!! Even though it is green!

Rob

Tim Bergfeld

I know I never thought I would buy a green tractor but I couldn't pass this deal up

Tim

RMCIII

Deals come in ALL COLORS!!! I found a 1435 out here in Ohio, with cab, 60" deck and 48" Heavy Duty 2 Stage blower. Only had 1,100hrs... It was just too good of a deal to let go for dad so he would not have to be exposed to the cold.... We both walked away thinking something had to be wrong with it.... After having since April, nothing wrong with it, they just did not want it anymore. So, it was listed at a bargin basement price.......

Rob

Tim Bergfeld

Yeah yesterday must have been my lucky day I got that tractor with a 72 deck and a snow blower and a tiller. And then I had a guy call me I made an offer on his diesel and he told me he would take it and ship it to my front door. So all and all a sweet day.

Tim

Fun Engineer

Just received my Original Tractor Cab and glass windshield. New tractor is supposed to be delivered Monday. [emoji2]Can't wait.

So here's my new snow machine.

24 hp, hydro Trans, hydro lift, power steering, 47" blower, loaded tires and suitcase weights, OTC cab.

heduru4u.jpg

Closest thing I could find to a 500Xi series.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

Nice machine there...

even if it is  :happy-jumpeveryone: .      :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

Martin

I'm trying to work out how to mount this for winter duties. We do a bunch of rework for Woods and this came in Friday.....

84aaeb07e3d9905bc665a6fe61d0ee7e.jpg

02191859192e47abb727dad89e6c812a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Martin

Can you make do with 72 inches?

340f0d28ff426ee598590d8f8a6f1146.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

That thing is a beast

Tim

oldlineman

1979 c-101 42" plow  has worked for the last 35 years I see  no reason to change now + 2 link chains and 80 lbs. wheel weights. This rig has moved tons of snow here in western Pa. with no problems not going to stop now.

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 7

Ed Kennell

Anyone who lives in Somerset, Pa. Knows how to deal with snow.  I lived in Somerset Co. in my early years and still remember the blizzard in 1958 that closed the road to  Meyersdale Area High School for two weeks.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Fun - Looks like you will be having some extreme fun this winter

Martin - Make sure you rovide videos when that beast is mounted

Old- Sounds nice, got any photos? :dunno:

Rob

Tim

my plow

post-2536-0-24981400-1413243064_thumb.jp

my blower with cab

post-2536-0-46434000-1413243088_thumb.jp

post-2536-0-17297700-1413243254_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Martin

Martin - Make sure you rovide videos when that beast is mounted

Rob

unfortunately its out of my reach (and i don't have anything big enough for that beast anyway). near 600 lbs complete......

nice to dream though.......

this one is a SB74C

http://www.woodsequipment.com/files/Products/Literature/Snow%20Blowers%20Full%20Line%20B021101.pdf

RMCIII

Tim - nice pair.... Bet that is hard to choose>

Martin - Sure is nice to dream!

Rob

82Caddy

I'll be using this.

15311683429_629672d8f0_o.jpg

Just need to decide if I need/want to replace tires (and what with) this fall or wait and then figure out how to add fluid to the wheels and how rear to add a bunch more weight to the rear. Then figure out how to add chains to the fronts as well.

I have a blower attachment too.

Yeah, lots to sort out before winter hits...

• Like 2

Tim Bergfeld

This is what I use works hard then makes me a sammich

post-13453-141342357657_thumb.jpg

Lol just kidding she don't cook

Tim

post-13453-141342352426_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

RMCIII

Come on horse fans!!!!!! I know some of you have taken off the mower deck and have gotten your STALLION prepared for the :occasion-snowman:  :occasion-snowman: !! :woohoo: . Keep the photos coming PLEASE!!! Also, once the, and I am going to be TOTALY incorrect on this comment, **** starts flying, I can't seem to find the WE WANT VIDEOS emoti con!!!!! We all enjoy sitting back :popcorn: and watching someone else remove the white stuff for a while!!! I am PUMPED about Duke.. Can't wait to see that first video.,. Hey, I get a better Idea,,,,, Duke, Wireless camera to your laptop, to a Skype!!! That would be :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :omg: ! 

Rob

• Like 1

Dgibby

A

Edited by Dgibby

thedude

I know its the wrong color, but this is what im using.post-8489-0-25629100-1414629870_thumb.jp

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

I will be using this:

post-6955-0-81214900-1414642226_thumb.jp

Or at least I hope so... :hide:

• Like 1

RMCIII

DUDE - It is still a Horse! Besides who does not love a Bronco!

BMS - Can't wait to see to see it.

Rob