Geno

520H tach question

Geno

One thing I'm starting to love about this place even more is it saves me using my head so much.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

The latest 520 has a tach problem.  Everything else on the tractor and all other gauges work perfect but the tach reads around 3K at idle.  It seems to work right from there when idled up or at higher RPM.  It's like the calibration is off.  Anyone else had this problem?  Thanks.

boovuc

I never had one of mine do that?! I would open the dash up and clean up the wires/contacts. Take the wires back to the source as well. Usually the work, or they don't!

bmsgaffer

Does it show 3k even when the tractor is turned off? If so the needle might be stuck on something at that point and the light return spring can't get it past.

Geno

It's about 1250 with the tractor off, key on.  After it starts it is correct if you subtract the initial 1250 through all rpm's.  B+ is good and has been reinforced, ground is good and has been reinforced, continuity is solid from the regulator to the tach and has also been reinforced,  I think it has to be a tach issue in the calibration.  :eusa-doh:

Can these things be taken apart?

Edited by Geno

dbartlett1958

Can these things be taken apart?

Geno,

I can take anything apart.....................................

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

.... but can you put it back together....

I havent dug into the gauges yet, but I'm sure I will be. If nothing other than to hide all those little 'toros'

• Like 1

Geno

Geno,

I can take anything apart.....................................

I've heard that before.   :laughing-rolling: