andrewLL

Nearly finishes now

andrewLL

Hi, just thought you may like to see some pictures of my Raider 12.  I bought this as a project nearly two years ago to keep me amused but with the intention of using it to cut grass as I had just purchased a small barn in SW France with half an acre of grass.  As always these things take longer than intended and other projects jump the queue.  But its nearly finished now, only job is to cut some Perspex for the lights and put the replica decal on to finish the job and sort out the parking brake.  I have the right angle piece of metal but can not work out how to fit it and did not take a picture before taking it all apart, can any one help with a picture as the diagrams I have seen have not been very clear.

More importantly I have a fuel problem, I used the horse about four weeks ago to cut the neighbours grass and it ran and idled perfectly but today when trying to start it petrol poured out of the front of the carb.  I got it started by clamping the fuel hose between the pump and carb with a Mole wrench and then when the engine was running removed the clamp.  But it would only run fast and if the throttle was reduced it would run rich and stall.  My thoughts are that there is dirt in the carb blocking the float valve but I rebuilt the carb and fitted new hosed and fuel filter so there should not be any dirt in the system.  Is this the petrol 'going off' and sticky in the short period of idleness?  The machine has been kept in a dry garage and the fuel is recent and works in my other mower,  any suggestions here would be appreciated. 

All in all a successful project and only one part left over with out a home, but as it works it can't be too important.  Just need to find some wheels and ag-tyres to complete the project.  Next job is to take it all apart so it will go  in the car and take it to France. Lastly thanks to Meadowfield for the decals that really finish it off. 

Andrew

post-8898-0-28121900-1411327881_thumb.jp

post-8898-0-56259600-1411327930_thumb.jp

post-8898-0-68251500-1411327985_thumb.jp

• Like 1

meadowfield

Awesome! Good to see it finished (well 99%) another horse saved and restored...

Geno

:text-woo:  It's always good when someone saves a Horse!   It looks very nice!

Edited by Geno

KC9KAS

Looks very nice. Glad the steering wheel is in the middle and not on the wrong side like your car! :ychain:  (MG ?)

Anglo Traction

You have done a marvellous job on the Raider 12. Your also not alone in taking 2 years to do one either :hide: .

As for your issues- Your Tractor has a combined Clutch/Brake Pedal (pre 1973). The only image I have of the Brake Band end is on my 74 model, but may be the same as yours (ignore the brass plate behind it, it's a modification of mine)-

DSC00732.jpg   

These are images of the earlier Raider 12 layout as yours and shows the Clutch/Brake Linkage.

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00466.jpg.

Edit- I was a little confused when I saw that your PTO Lever is the later version (post 73) and is normally accompanied by Separate Clutch and Brake Pedals then spotted the Brake Lever (pre 73)  so you should have a Single Brake /Clutch Pedal !. 

Your Carb/Fuel issue sounds like your Float has a leak and has sunk to the bottom of the Bowl?.

Suspect it is just pin hole leak, judging by the time it took to stop functioning. Hopefully just a drain clean and a dab of solder to plug it.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Edited by Anglo Traction

Zeek

Another beautiful job!!  

How much for the MG??  Make you a deal . . . I'll send you some sunshine and you send me the car  :ychain:

• Like 1

Terry M

I agree Andrew...Looks really NICE! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Stigian

Nice work Andrew, your Raider looks beautiful now :thumbs:

I'm guessing you have a thing for red 4 wheeled machines looking at the photos :D