skrusins

manual lift linkage bushing

skrusins

Is there directions on how to replace a bad bushing on the same side as the arm?

I did find the pdf for parts, I would like to know if it's a easy fix and how. part no 106269

Thanks in advance

doc724

You did not say what model tractor.  If it is a 1978 or later C series or 300/400/500 it is any easy fix, but not quick-a minimum of 1 hour, maybe 2.    You have to take off the drive belt cover on the right side and the lift lever cover on the left side.  You have to pull two large clevis pins which fix the rock shaft to the lift lever.  There is a very large  "C"-clip on the right side of the hood tower.  Remove it and unbolt the detent on the left side and the lift lever will come out the left side.  You may have to use PD blaster to free up the rock shaft.  Once the lever is out, the bushings pretty much fall out of the hood tower.  Use antisieze when you reinstall everything.  The PDF that you looked at for the parts is enough to show you how it comes apart and goes back together.  When in doubt take lots of pictures!

• Like 2

pacer

Nicely done, Don - its responses/descriptions like that make this forum the bestest :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

N3PUY

I have found that the bushing usually is not bad. It gets stuck to the shaft and rotates in the metal holding it. Then the metal hole gets too large to hold the bushing in place creating excessive play. It's a steel bushing so I spot weld it in place. Removes the slop. Sometimes the flange of the hole can be punched to make it tighter also.

Joe

skrusins

Thanks Don Sorry I put in wrong place. Its a 1992 312-8.

Joe when I took thr shifter plate out, I could see a large steel ring flopping around the shaft on the handle side.

I'm just guessing it's the bushing there is alot of slop on the handle. Never work on this before.

I bought this tractor for my older Brother (77yrs. young) and want make sure everthing is right before I give it to him.

Thanks to both of you for your help. Also I remember someone had a smash in deck and he showed how He fix it.

I've been searching the forum for almost 2 hrs. with no luck.

N3PUY

Hmmm........   If there's a ring flopping around on the shaft I doubt that it's the bushing since it should be tight to the shaft.  I guess a picture is in order.  Taking the shaft out is not difficult ..... unless ..... the lift arms are stuck to it.   I had one this spring that I never got off even after taking the hood stand off, putting it in a vise and using a hammer and drift.   Even put it on the floor and beat on it.  Never moved a smidge. 

Joe

skrusins

Thanks Joe, I'll try to take the lift arm out mon. or tues. As I said I've never taken one apart.

I soak it as per Don today and as per his instructions I'll to take it apart and I'll take a pic then

Thanks Stan