Aldon

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday

Aldon

Well a couple weeks ago I broke a couple ribs, so rather than clearing brush or taking on more significant chores that are piling up, I decided I might as well prep for Fall/Winter,

Took my Cub 3XHD Snow Blower in for warranty service last weekend.

Last week I also located a Snow Plow which is cosmetically challenged but really only needs some sanding and new paint.

Figured my ribs could suffer the discomfort of removing the deck and swapping on the plow on My C-161.

I picked it up last year and Bought some Decals from Terry but I have not yet gotten to tearing it down just yet. Maybe llate Winter or Spring.

Anyway, A couple pics. The Wheel Weights are off my Massey MF12 which I need to get a Plaow for so until I do, I like the look of these over the generic looking black plastic ones I have for the horse.

Now that I am being fully pro-active prepping for Snow, perhaps we will have an easy winter what with the way things usually work.

For instance, I reseeded my new Lawn 2 weeks ago and we went into an abnormally cool period and had a frost........Kinda of like waskhing the car. Almost always brings on monsoon rains:-)

This is my first wheel horse. I have no prior experience with the Kohlers. Once I got the Electrical issues worked out, Starter, New Solenoid, Rewired the starting circuit and Lights, I have to say I am very happy with this Briggs.

One of these days I will add a Kohler powered C160 or a 1054 or GT14. But I have a hard time justifying to wife the two I alreay have. LOL

post-11709-0-85092200-1411247573_thumb.j

post-11709-0-57382200-1411247598_thumb.j

post-11709-0-18483600-1411247623_thumb.j

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 3

Sparky

Good lookin Black-Hood! Are you missing the blade angle lever?

Mike........

KyBlue

Great looking unit! I'm sure the deck came off easier than the other brand mowers you've had/have

I too hope for a easy winter... But have my doubts. Already got my salt spreader and plow ready. Just need a running tractor to put them on lol

Edited by 4StarCstms

Geno

Nice looking black hood yo got the Aldon!    :text-+1:   If you want another one you may suggest to the wife that she should find one she likes for her.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Aldon

Thanks Gents.

Sparky, - I have the Lever, But not sure the mechanism will function properly due to need to tear into it and remove corrosion etc. I may yet install it to confirm if it will work well.

Also forgot to give a shout out to LFDRET who helped me out with a replacement gas tank at the beginning of the summer. Thanks Friend!

Looks better in pics than up close. The Original owner basically sprayed over rust etc without dealing with it.

So it all needs to come off, rework some surfaces and reassemble.

I had sort of toyed with installing a Magnum 20 I picked up this summer but I am going to hold off as the Briggs Twin18 (Prior Owner used a Bolens/Kohler twin 18 transplant to replace original 16) seems more than ample power wise, reliable and does not smoke, leak oil or have any obvious issues.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:wh: looking good there. :handgestures-thumbsup:  

boovuc

Aldon,

IMHO....you have the nicest Blackhood on RS. I just love that tractor!

• Like 1