Motor Head110

Glow Plugs

Motor Head110

I took the glow plug relay/controller off of a John Deere 4100 tractor and it says its a NGK. I have searched ALL the numbers off of this thing and cant find a single replacement. The motor is a Yanmar 3TNE74 3 cyl diesel. Any helps appreciated 

Firpo701

What are the ngk numbers?

Geno

If you can't find one it would be easy to make a manual one.  My Kubota B8200 is manual.    :)

Motor Head110

What are the ngk numbers?

the numbers on it are 119850-77902 and S83NT

If you can't find one it would be easy to make a manual one.  My Kubota B8200 is manual.    :)

how?

Geno

My Kubota's key turns counter clockwise and there's a spiral wire in the dash wired into the circuit.  When it glows you can turn the key the other way to start it.

You could also use a push button and some standard Bosch relays.  Would be nice to know the glow plug amp draw first to see how many relays need to be in the circuit.  The normal easy to find relays used in most cars, trucks and tractors are 30 amp.  :)

Does your controller come apart?  If the relay is good in it you could bypass the timer inside and substitute it with a push button also.

Edited by Geno

Motor Head110

My Kubota's key turns counter clockwise and there's a spiral wire in the dash wired into the circuit. When it glows you can turn the key the other way to start it.

You could also use a push button and some standard Bosch relays. Would be nice to know the glow plug amp draw first to see how many relays need to be in the circuit. The normal easy to find relays used in most cars, trucks and tractors are 30 amp. :)

Does your controller come apart? If the relay is good in it you could bypass the timer inside and substitute it with a push button also.

I don't know if it's supposed to, but I'm positive I can make it come apart!

• Like 1

Geno

I agree, we're men, we can take anything apart.  Just try not to damage the innerds!  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1