Geno

Watch out for stuff in the road!

Geno

I never even saw whatever did this.  I was coming home and hit the turning lane right in front of the house and BOOM.  First accident I've ever had.  Got an egg on the front tire and you can see the rear, the front rim is slightly bent and the rear rim is bent pretty good, even popped off the center caps.  I went and looked for what I hit and couldn't find anything.  Maybe I'm just getting senile    :eusa-doh:

I've had the truck over 4 years and always wanted to upgrade the wheels so I guess now I'm gonna do it, especially since the insurance company is helping buy some of it.  I don't know why they put the smaller 18" wheels on most of the ESV extended models but they won't be on this one by tomorrow.   

I ordered tires this morning and they just delivered them, wheels will be here tomorrow.   :text-woo:

post-13404-0-02304300-1411058283_thumb.j

post-13404-0-01787600-1411058289_thumb.j

post-13404-0-69860100-1411058332_thumb.j

Ed Kennell

Guess you were lucky it happened close home at slow speed vs 70MPH w/a trailer load of horses behind you.

Have you examined the inside of the tire....Faulty tire?

• Like 1

meadowfield

Ouch!

• Like 1

Geno

Guess you were lucky it happened close home at slow speed vs 70MPH w/a trailer load of horses behind you.

Have you examined the inside of the tire....Faulty tire?

Now that would have been a catastrophe.  :pray:  

I've got the truck in here on a rack and will get the tires off today or tomorrow morning and see what other damage I find.  I'm most interested to dismount that right rear tire and see if there's anything inside it. 

• Like 1

CasualObserver

I'm most interested to dismount that right rear tire and see if there's anything inside it. 

That's exactly what I was thinking when you said you couldn't find anything in the road.

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

The only thing I could notice is the stock pile of snow/dozer blades standing on end..  :ROTF:

• Like 3

Geno

Well this is weird.  Nothing in the tire except a big old slice.   :eusa-think:

post-13404-0-30247000-1411071757_thumb.j

Edited by Geno

CasualObserver

Did you check the wheel well?  Is it embedded in the car?  Could have just flipped off in the grass somewhere too.

• Like 1

Geno

Didn't think of that Jason but just looked and nothing there either.  Thanks for the idea though.   :text-+1: 

AMC RULES

The only thing I could notice is the stock pile of snow/dozer blades standing on end..  :ROTF:

Does it even snow there in Kentucky? 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

squonk

I see 8 plows. I get ornery if I have to trip over 2!  :scared-eek:  :confusion-confused:

Call up Steve. He needs something to do this winter and he likes painting plows!  :)

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Ohhh....I remember that...:hilarious: 

.............back in his good ol' daze. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

Geno

Does it even snow there in Kentucky? 

Past 2 years I think it snowed every 3 days.  As soon as it cleared it snowed again.  :eusa-doh:

I see 8 plows. I get ornery if I have to trip over 2!  :scared-eek:  :confusion-confused:

Call up Steve. He needs something to do this winter and he likes painting plows!  :)

Where you at Stevie?   :laughing-rolling:    2 look like new, only 14 of them need paint.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Geno

So what, I have a plow fetish.  :laughing-rolling:   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Digger 66

I see 8 plows.

'Ya beat me to it ^ 

Too bad those weren't tillers hangin' there . I'd be in for a road trip ....

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 1

Geno

I keep the tillers and decks in another garage.  :popcorn:

AMC RULES

:wwp:

• Like 2

Geno

I'll have to do it tomorrow, I actually got done at a decent hour tonight.  I'm starting to learn, if there's no pics there's no decks and tillers right?  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-worthless:

• Like 2

AJ_Thanatos

I'm not a 100% sure Geno is on our side.. It seems he is trying to start a monopoly here... [emoji14] [emoji6]

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Seems?   :scratchead:

• Like 1

Geno

I'm not a 100% sure Geno is on our side.. It seems he is trying to start a monopoly here... [emoji14] [emoji6]

What's wrong with a one stop shop?  No more hunting to do.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Coadster32

What's wrong with a one stop shop?  No more hunting to do.  :laughing-rolling:

Geno-mart! :ychain:

Glad to hear your ok through the accident. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

RMCIII

Geno -

I could not find the photo I had placed on FB back in 2011..... I lived in South Fla. at that time. I was traveling A LOT on all the major Highways.... As I am pulling into a rest stop there is a 11' plus Gator laying right there. Next to him, about 20' away were (2) FFW Conservation Officers. They were making sure no one wanted to feed the gator.. Could you imagine if you had that happen to you and you just so happend to pull up right next to a 10' gator lying in the road.... :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

My supervisor would take Aligator Alley comig back from Napels Fla because he lived in South Miami. One night, while driving back he was follwing 2 cars. Half paying attention, he noticed the first car swerve to the right, the one in front of him went left, and you guessed it. He ran right over a 6' plus gator in his girlfriends car. He said he drug the gator for about 100' or so, the it rolled out the back. Lucky the only thing it did was bend a rim and break a rear shock. Since it was a FWD car, he was able to make it home WITHOUT stopping along Gator Alley.

RC

Geno

You might be on to something there Chris.  :eusa-think: