Ed Kennell

W H wagon ?

Ed Kennell

Anyone ever seen one of  these ?      Owner claims it is a Wheel Horse UW-61 or 63.

post-7208-0-49985700-1410905505_thumb.jppost-7208-0-68822200-1410905530_thumb.jp

• Like 1

RMCIII

No expert on that, but sure would like to know how he solved the problem of getting the tire to be "flat" only on the top! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

AMC RULES

Humm...frame work does look really similar to this one...       :confusion-shrug:

and the parts list includes what looks to be removable side boards(#4), so it just may be :wh: Ed

I know if it is...it's a rare find .  :popcorn: 

Edited by AMC RULES

Digger 66

sure would like to know how he solved the problem of getting the tire to be "flat" only on the top! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

Good one ^ 

Even if it wasn't genuine , I'd restore it just 'cause the front axle steers  :) .

• Like 1

rmaynard

The UW-64 was apparently made for Wheel Horse by:

G & R MANUFACTURING COMPANY

1119 PARMELE STREET
ROCKFORD, ILLINOIS

Never having seen a UW-64 except in the owners manual, and never having seen anything built by G & R, I'd say it's a really good possibility that it is a "made-for" Wheel Horse wagon, or a G & R brand one.

I'd like to see something like a Wheel Horse sitting next to it so that we could get some perspective on it's size.
Edited by rmaynard

Digger 66

I'd like to see something like a Wheel Horse sitting next to it so that we could get some perspective on it's size.

I'll take a shot & say that's probably 1 X 3" square tube for the tongue & 5/8" rod for the tie-rods & those look like 12" rims .

Geno

Really cool piece but for what he's asking I would run and hide.    :scared-eek: 

RMCIII

Actually, quite interesting/ not sure I understand why they would want to utilize livestock panels instead of just some solid panels that could be installed. Trying to unload livestock from that height, unless they had docks that high, would be a nitemare. You could utilize ramps I guess, but once they were soaked with urine or manure, they would become very slippery for the animals...