Rollerman

Snow plow info

willy victor

Guys I have all the parts, except the flat bar that hooks part 27 to the Aframe. I just don't have them hooked up right. I added a tee piece to the Aframe and I don't think that's in the right place. Right now I'm in Chicago and the tractor is in Mi. Tigster when I get settled in the new house I may just load everything and take a jaunt to your place and let you see what I'm doing wrong. I did buy a Troybilt thrower last year so a snow blade is not a necessity right now. I use the blade for pushing dirt around the back yard. Thanks everybody for all your help.

Willy

willy victor

Willy something about that A frame looks funny? :D

You did say in a previous post you had modified the length correct?

Could you measure it from the mount at the back to the pivot bolt at the front?

Also are you lifting the snow plow directly off the bellcrank or off the lift bar that connects to the bell crank on the later models like yours?

This will give you more leverage & make it easier to lift.

I have a spare snow plow & pieces to put on your tractor.....you have an 875 I'd like.... :P

Tickster I measured the distance from the rod at the back to the pivot pin in front, it's 66inches, what should it be? Thanks.

T-Mo

Willy,

On the first page of this thread - Stephen has these dimensions - front the pivot bolt to the hitch pin - it's either 56 inches (short frame) or 61 inches or the 3rd plow it's 64 inches.

Rollerman

Willy you should be in the ball park to make it work.

Have you got everything underneath the tractor squared away...chain from the rockshaft to the lift bar...link from the lift bar to the plow A frame?

willy victor

No Steve, right now the tractor is buried behind a pile of furniture in the barn in Mi. I was just able to squeeze in and take a measurement. We are getting ready to move into a new house. I have all the parts except the lift rod and I can make that. When I get this thing put back together I'll post some pics. Thanks all.

Willy

Rollerman

No problem Willy & I can speak for all of us when I say were glad to help.

Hope the move goes smooth.

phipsi27

Hi all,

New to the Wheel Horse world. Been reading the posts and have learned quite a bit. I picked up a 856 a few months ago and I am trying to figure things out. It came with a 36" deck and a snow blade. I can attach and remove the deck, but the blade is presenting a problem. The quick hitch lines up with the pin holding the rear hitch on, preventing the blade frame from attaching. :D

Either the hitch is on wrong or the wrong hitch altogether.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

TT

It should look like this:

hitch.jpg

The rear bracket installs on the front side of the square axle housings and points down.

phipsi27

That's the problem. the hitch is horizontal.

Thanks for the information. :D

TT

Just because I dug it out today, I thought I'd post a picture of a 1961 dozer blade when not mounted on a tractor:

12308032.jpg

• Like 1

willy victor

My blade has trip springs, I wonder when they added those.

Willy

catman81056

So, unless I missed it, does anyone know what the measurment from the pivot pin to the mounting rod for a D series?

My plow is a Bolen that has been hacked and rigged to fit my tractor. Its 42"wide and 14"tall. After following Stigians thread on the plow he's making, I've decided to build one. I'm making the QuickTach also, if someone has a pic I'd appreciate seeing it. BTW, does the brkt attach to the front of the trans or on the 2 uprights that hold the TPH arms?

thanks

Tim

KyBlue

Would it be possible to get a couple close up shots of the lever usedto change the angle??

My recently aquired blade doesnt have anything but the little triangle peice.

Mine is like this one:

8875fc04.jpg

Im planning to sandblast and repaint/repair anything that i needs, thou one of the feet is missing and the other side is partially rusted thru, but they look easy enough to reproduce.

Thanks! No rush on the photo, got all summer, well not really all summer, but im by no means in a rush.

T-Mo

Here's a couple of links to other threads that shows another member, Ian, who not only made his plow but the angle adjustment lever:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1288

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=833

Coadster32

So I'm guessing that the 551 suburban I have would need an old style short frame, and a old style holder bolted onto the front of the unidrive? :hide:

I am really interested in plowing my driveway with this when I get it running. Is anybody selling these parts? :D

CasualObserver

Not bolted to the uni-drive... bolted to the front of the tractor. You can see examples of the early Suburban blade in this topic.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6000

We need to add some good pics of the SPR-42 setup to this thread.

allredman

hello. is there a place a person could go to see what attachments fit there tractor. i have a c 101 and do not know what to look for. thank you jim

mavfreak

Ok guys I wanted to thank you for this post it answered some questions I had and showed me some pictures that I needed to see to fit the plow I had from my 72 commando 800 to my 78 C161 twin.

only problem is that it just doesn't seem to be high enough when in the lifted postion. I have it rased as high as it could be before hitting frame (1/2 inch or so before it hits bottom or top I guess)

picture is a little far away sorry ( had my 9 year old daugter take it)

1287863822.jpg

jasoncracer

ihave same setup a flat bar with two prongs one on each side mine is long do i minus that lawn mower arm and go straight up to the top where the 3 holes are on lift arm ?

jasoncracer

my arm with 2 nipples on each side is longer if i desregard that lawn deck arm and put the top nipple in the exsisting hole where the eye hook should go the straigt to the plow fram should that work?????

Witty0ne

Hello,

I am having a few lift problems with my blade I have a 310-8 series tractor. When lifting the snow blade it feels like it is about 5 tons with the mower lift lever. I have gotten an older blade from a relative that had the blade sitting in the barn for quite sometime I have it all hooked up but had to manufacture a small piece of metal part 27 for the attachment. I don't want to ruin the mower deck arm at all possible need some help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Witty

Rollerman

Witty I'd put your tractor on a dry level surface & disconnect the part you built at the mower deck arm (I call it a T bar).

Double check everything to see that it works smoothly.

The reconnect your blade & double check to see if the link you made is moveing free between the T bar & plow frame?

It sounds like something may be binding.

You also might want to check & see if the chain hanging from a trunnion above your T bar is connected to the furthest hole out on the end of the lift mechanism.

Witty0ne

Rollerman,

I have it hooked to the actual lift knob for the mower deck which I think is wrong I looked at the diagram and did not realize those holes were put on there for the attachments I am going to try hooking it in the front hole I think that is where my mistake was. I am going to try that to see if it raises any easier cause right now it feels like I am lifting a ten ton truck from the front of the tractor.

Witty

hoser63

HOW LONG IS THE LEVER FOR TURNING THE PLOW??...i think i made mine too long...almost have to get out of seat to reach when lever is in the forward position....thanks