KC9KAS

Need help! B-100 Auto

KC9KAS

My B-100 automatic is really teeing me off!

It doesn't want to keep pulling itself like it should. Acts like a belt slipping. The belt does touch itself where the idler pully pushes the belt tight.Maybe the new belt is too long,

I have a new (Toro) belt and a new tension spring on the idler.

The tow valve is also closed, and a new (hydro type) filter installed with fluid level correct.

As the tractor slows for an incline, you can push down on the "parking brake" handle and feel it pull a little better, but still not right (in my opinion).

Anyone have other suggestions?

daveoman1966

Worn out Sundstrand hydro pump and motor.  Very typical of these older machines. 

PM sent with further info

Edited by daveoman1966

Geno

The belt shouldn't touch itself, it must be too long.  :)

KC9KAS

The belt shouldn't touch itself, it must be too long.  :)

That is what I was thinking also.

I think I am going to swap out the entire pump/axle business....only 4 bolts hold it all together.

I have an old Charger 12 with a 90-2046 and the B-100 should be a 90-1136....I would think by switching everything it would work.

Geno

I would change the belt first and you might be done.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

KC9KAS

I would change the belt first and you might be done.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Geno, if there was a prize, you would be the winner!

I put another belt that was on a parts tractor onto the B-100. It was actually too short and I had a heck of a time getting it under the idler, but I proved what I wanted......Correct Wheel Horse ($50) belt is too long!

Now, why is it too long? It is brand new.

This is not the original engine or drive pulley, but it is the correct engine for this machine. The pulley may be too small diameter and that would account for the short belt.

Anyone know off hand the correct diameter of the drive & driven pulleys? I want to check this out before I spend another $50 on a new belt.

1978wh

May be on the engine swap you ended up with different pulley diameter. Though you may have the correct engine for your b100 on the swap you may have an engine from a standard trans instead of a hydro trans and the puuly diameter are different, check that out before you by anymore belts.

Geno

Where did you get the new (too long) belt from? 

KC9KAS

Where did you get the new (too long) belt from? 

A Toro dealer.......

May be on the engine swap you ended up with different pulley diameter. Though you may have the correct engine for your b100 on the swap you may have an engine from a standard trans instead of a hydro trans and the puuly diameter are different, check that out before you by anymore belts.

I was thinking the same thing, that is why I was asking what the correct diameter is on the B-100 Auto.

slammer302

You might make sure they didn't give you a belt for a C series auto I think the B series frame is two inches shorter than the c series I ran into the same problem when I put a 10hp k241 on a B-80 it was a lot of belt swapping to find the right one

Geno

Take it back to the Toro dealer and tell him it's too long and see what he says, a good dealer will help you out.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

KC9KAS

Measured the drive pulley and it was 2.31" at the bottom of the "V". I have a parts tractor with some goodies left on it, so I measured that pulley. It was almost 4", so I put it on the B-100. WOW..It pulls hills like a new machine, and it will do a wheelie!

I am using the TORO belt that was said to fit this machine....Now it fits! :woohoo:

• Like 1

Geno

Sounds like you have it all under control, glad you got her going.     :handgestures-thumbsup:

KC9KAS

Sounds like you have it all under control, glad you got her going.     :handgestures-thumbsup:

:thanks:  for your help. That is one of the many benefits of being a member on :rs: ....The help and ideas we get from each other. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1