Tankman

Work Horse

Tankman

Wheels and decals are next. On my list of items to order: shift boot, headlamp  bezels, Vinylguy decals, exhaust louvres for the muffler, surely more.

I did let the grandson roll the gravel drive. He likes the ride!  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Tractor looks huge there.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Tankman

Tractor looks huge there.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

The Horse is, parked next to my 400 / 500 seems the same dimensionally. I always (mis) thought smaller, not!

Looks larger with the 7-year old grandson behind the wheel. 

The plastic steering wheel tube (cover) was broken. I just happened to have a new one, easy replacement.

Tankman

The 1642 Work Horse didn't have the height adjuster, now mine does.

I notched the vertical dash plate, and installed the height adjuster and lower plate from a C-Series Horse. The inside mounting holes and wide slot for the adjustment hook were all under the shift plate.

I did this so I could set the dozer plate height off the surface I was plowing.

• Like 2

slammer302

Looks good I have a 308-8 and 310-8 that don't have height adjustments glad to see its able to be added

Tankman

5/16-18 x 1" three bolts, nylock nuts and one 1//8" x 1" cotter pin was all I needed.

Added another hole to my lift link to get where I needed to be. I had made the lift link not knowledgeable of the required hole spacing; easy enough drilling another hole at 4" on center.

Didn't like the all gray look, added Rustoleum Regal Red. In my opinion, looks better. (Image below doesn't show the height adjust).

Now I can set the dozer height above the gravel driveways if needed. (Not shown but added a new edge to the blade). That's a $69 Tractor Supply high back seat, nice and the hole pattern is WH friendly, works. I've had a number of the same seats; TSC is ten minutes from my barn. 

Edited by Tankman

clip

Tank, looks like a great find with plenty of life left. Where did you source the height adjustment hardware? Would like to add the same to my GT-1600!

TT

Where did you source the height adjustment hardware? Would like to add the same to my GT-1600!

Should be lots of those pieces available used (try forum member Kelly).

If you feel like spending lots of money, new pieces can be purchased from Toro.

The latest parts drawing:

315 Classic parts list LINK

Tankman

Tank, looks like a great find with plenty of life left. Where did you source the height adjustment hardware? Would like to add the same to my GT-1600!

eBay. Get this...........$20.00 shipping included. Even had the rubber tip for the threaded rod.

Included all except mounting bolts. Lowes 5/16-18 x 1" long, three bolts and three nuts. Add a 1/8" x 1" long cotter pin.

Didn't care for the full up / full down. Now I can keep the dozer blade off the gravel if I need to do so.  :)

Edited by Tankman