nhunt308

1968 Lawn Ranger restore

nhunt308

Well I have started to tear this old horse down so I thought I should start documenting the progress. Im still not sure on what the final goal is here. I do know that this horse will be earning its keep around the house when finished.

Here is when I brought her home a week ago.

fb9ce69ff330779f508eb88907ef90b0.jpg96933aae489c2d259ccb3c92921ec9af.jpg01c32d126604843e480eb27e4de2b69a.jpg

nhunt308

And how she looks as of last night. d972b990f93e92b139951630d6eaac75.jpg4a2ab20e4de18332693f633a7c5561e2.jpgf32c49a9279c23cb62bbac4205a45da0.jpg

I will not be putting the Briggs back in this ranger but im not sure yet what will be taking its place.

• Like 2

Geno

Looking good!   :text-+1:

PeacemakerJack

Good Start! I'll be keeping an eye on the progress.

Jparkes43

One of the best wheel horses around

James

nhunt308

Well I dont have a lot intresting things to talk about so far on this project. Ive only had a few minutes a day to work on it so im still just taking a couple parts at a time off when I walk past it to "take out the trash" or whatever else I can come up with to walk through the garage... so here is my progress for the night. While I was "sweeping out the garage"

fe442ba3831d643867d7be8f0d347583.jpgb094c61398a0157a408beda48e510052.jpg0e24a5b4882f7078311767900e4722aa.jpg

Over all It seems to be in pretty good shape just a little dirty. So the parts needed list so far includes.. thumb screws for the hood, front wheel bearings, eventually front tires, and a motor..

• Like 2

km3h

Power wash with some degreaser should make a big difference. What's with the motor that came with it?

nhunt308

Came with a 7hp briggs that has a broken rod and doesnt fit under the hood.

km3h

That's no fun but I am sure you will work it out.

Geno

He'll get her back good as new.  :text-+1:

Wayne

waiting patiently for an update, hoping you're having better luck than I am :)

Terry M

Just starting a 68 ranger restore myself...looking forward to seeing yours finished :handgestures-thumbupright:

nhunt308

Ok so not a lot of updates for the weekend had my daughters 1st birthday party on Saturday, hanging deer stands and painting the front door with the misses only left a few hours to work on the horse. But here is what I got done.

Removed a few pieces for clean up and wire wheel. So I decided I needed to see some fresh shiny red color.. 3c88b7b06c6e0ee7dd9bcef0c73ae8ab.jpg

I also have all of the front axle parts waiting in my car to take to work for parts washing and sand blast tomorrow on my lunch break.

Here is how she looks now

431058dc74598b2d41752e959bb117a4.jpg

• Like 2

km3h

Now you are in the right spirit. Going to be fun watching this one get a new life.

Geno

Looks really good!  If you are gonna sandblast and paint every part please put new grease fittings in everything starting with those front wheels.  :teasing-neener:

• Like 1

Wayne

looks like you're movin  right along, good job! I agree with Geno, blasting media in grease zerks = P.I.T.A. down the road.You knew someone was going to ask this, might as well be me... What kind of paint are you using?

nhunt308

Im using rustoleum regal red and the wheels are rustoleum antique white, the white might not be light enough but I like the way the colors look together. And im with you guys on taking the fittings and blasting. The wheel in the picture geno was done with a wire wheel..

Racinbob

Looks great. I like your choice in the white. I just made my decision for the wheels and seat on my 400. :)

Jparkes43

awesome i really want one of these but seems to be impossible.

james

Wayne

looks really good, I went after the regal, but no one in town had it... bought sunrise from tsc. think i got plain white for my wheels, again, no antique to be had. apparently horse shoes, hand grenades, and wheel horse paint are similar :)

Wishin4a416

Looks great! Going to a nice one when your done.

nhunt308

Oh nice! Thanks

nhunt308

Well the wrench is turning the right direction now

6bbba90b83ce48df1867fb0c676f7529.jpgd9a423969a1b920082d0d74126106b73.jpg

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

Looks like the old :wh: is coming right along. Nice job.