Austin860

Lawn Ranger !

Austin860

Beautiful 64(i think) lawn ranger. Has the original wheel horse tires, seat, steering wheel, and decals. Think I'm just going to wipe her down with wd 40 and keep her original. Will get more pics and the tags later.

First plan is to get the engine( maybe a Tecumseh 6?) running.excited to have my first round hood!

post-9836-0-99708000-1410398752_thumb.jp

post-9836-0-09731800-1410398811_thumb.jp

post-9836-0-60377300-1410398830.jpg

post-9836-0-59494400-1410398840.jpg

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Austin,,,,, sweeeeeeeet. And, I also like doing the patina wipe down on that one to.

Good luck.

Glenn

Geno

I just read a thread where you finished your Electro 12 and you already have another one.  Way to go!  :text-woo:

Vinylguy

It has 68 decals and a 3 spoke steering wheel. I think it may be a 1968 . great little tractors. A 68 lawn ranger was my first wheel horse.

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

1968 Lawn Ranger  has the big decals on the hood and the three spoke steering wheel-dead giveaways for that model.   Looks like a good =pretty complete one too!

Austin860

Sounds like a 68! Haha, it looks like there might be a key start and it looks like it's wired to a starter. But it also has pull start. Did factory make electric start or is this a po invention.

Wayne

That is 100% OEM correct! she's a beaut  :)

Carpenter

Sounds like a 68! Haha, it looks like there might be a key start and it looks like it's wired to a starter. But it also has pull start. Did factory make electric start or is this a po invention.

There were two models that year. Model # 1 2631 has electric start. I figured this out after downloading the manual for my 68 last night. Nice find!

Jparkes43

I love the lawn ranger and that old look suits her fine

James

AMC RULES

Nice on too...      :handgestures-thumbsup: 

my favorite year of the Ranger.  

nhunt308

Good find. the 68s seem to be showing up here recently

Austin860

Thanks everybody. Now it's time to try and find some attachments for the old girl. Hopefully I can get the throttle and choke cables unstuck. Butthey won't matter till the old girls purring

Molon_Labe

Looks like a really nice :wh: , post more pics after the WD40 treatment

Edited by M_Bailey

SousaKerry

Make sure to check under the fender pan mine was completely rotted out under there due to standing water and debris.  I have some extra reinforcements under my seat.

jackhammer

Yup just listen to each thread,, each one of you know exactly what to look for on those roundhoods to know what year and model they are... You guys are goooood

And Austin860,  you have a nice find ,, put up more as you progress , if you would

Austin860

Hey guys, popped the hood off and took the engine off. See what she needs to get running. Here's all I got for pics for tonight. Sorry it's hard to read. Already started some of the tractor, will get outside tommorow after school to finish and take some pics. Only thing I'll need is a battery for the electric start!

Also freed up the choke and throttle cables! All the original stickers washed up we'll to!

post-9836-0-18506500-1410489648_thumb.jp

Austin860

Need some help. I think the engine is an Airens. My guess is that it's not original? But it has no spark, any ideas? I got a new plug, looks like there's a weird little fuse box on one if the engines shrouds. My guess is I'll need to get some fuses first

Austin860

The engine shroud, the weird fuse box thing I've never seen haha, original tires( rims getting blasted, primed, and painted to look new, will need tubes haha) nice original dash

post-9836-0-21022000-1411311303_thumb.jp

post-9836-0-17297200-1411311336_thumb.jp

post-9836-0-16968100-1411311414_thumb.jp

post-9836-0-76016700-1411311468_thumb.jp

post-9836-0-52751000-1411311498_thumb.jp

KC9KAS

Your "fuse box" is part of the charging system. It actually needs diodes installed to work the charging system.

I don't think these actual diodes are available. I think (screen name) Lane Ranger has built a replacement system.

The most common function of a diode is to allow an electric current to pass in one direction (called the diode's forward direction), while blocking current in the opposite direction (the reverse direction). Thus, the diode can be viewed as an electronic version of a check valve. This unidirectional behavior is called rectification, and is used to convert alternating current to direct current, including extraction of modulation from radio signals in radio receivers—these diodes are forms of rectifiers.

Austin860

Going to get the rims back from the sandblasted tommorow, buying 3 tubes, and hopefully getting this stupid Tecumseh to run right.

post-9836-0-91806600-1412907175_thumb.jp

Austin860

The rims are blasted and painted, need to get tubes for the rears. Rebuilt the carb and bought a new pull start, and now the old Tecumseh runs well! Just need to get some gasket paper to put the front rims back together! Then it should be running it driving. Then I'll have to figure out how to get the charging system, and the electric start figured out.

Geno

Where's the :banana-gotpics:

Jparkes43

sounds like good progress.

james

JustinW.73

I just read a thread where you finished your Electro 12 and you already have another one.  Way to go!  :text-woo:

Well of course he did. He probably wants to follow your standards of getting one, get it running, and the next day get another one. Of course, you would get two a day. Lol!  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Lawn Rangers are great. I'm addicted to the little guys now.. Nice find