Jasen

please help me find steer tires.

Jasen

Hello evryone. I have searched the forum but still cant find the answer to my question. Does anyone make a tri-rib tire that would replace the 15x6.00-6 tires on the front of my 310-8? I can not go up to a 8'' wheel because of running the 37'' deck. I have looked at the v61 tires but was wondering if there was a tri-rib that would fit.

Thank you.

boovuc

Hi  Jason,

Here is a thread from the forum on tri-ribs on a 6 inch rim:

Here is a tri-rib 6" Supplier:

http://farmtirestore.com/pages/lawn.html#lawnrib

(Hope things are OK down river)!  :)

Edited by boovuc

stratostar250

There is a 3.50-6 Tri-rib that will fit your 6" rims, but they are only 14 inches tall, so the tractor may angle the nose down a little bit with the smaller tri ribs, this is why I decided against it, although I still have not actually done it, so I am unsure as to how drastic the front would or would not be lowered.  Hope this helps!

Edited by stratostar250

KC9KAS

The 14" diameter compared to the 15" diameter would only make the front sit 1/2" lower.

• Like 1

boovuc

Yup. I went an inch lower on wheel height before and you really couldn't see the difference.

Kelly

BUT is it a true 14" tall tire, I have had dozens of 16x6.5x8 tires some the same brand and they were not the same size, I'm pretty sure there is no hard fast rule in garden tractor tire sizes, the cheaper the tire the smaller they run, rears the same way. just keep that in mind, also if the tire is a little narrower than what goes on the rim it will spread the tire and make it a little shorter. 

Jasen

Thanks for all the info guys but, I have decided to order the V61's

• Like 1