Geno

What are you guys doing this holiday weekend?

Geno

I'm gonna work on the new Horse Hauler and play with the Horses of course!   Is there anything else better to do?  

post-13404-0-76038600-1409412241.gif

Sparky

Got a rotten spot in the shed floor where the tractors are stored......going to fix the floor. Not very exciting but you asked.

Once that chore is behind me I'll shop-vac the spiders and leaves outa the boat and try to get some fishing in this weekend :handgestures-thumbupright:  .

post-2-0-16303500-1409498234_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-00667600-1409498245_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-23237600-1409498256_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-92896400-1409498269_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-05004000-1409498282_thumb.jpg

Mike...........

• Like 2

Geno

It's exciting that you won't have to fix any wiring or seats when the mice get in there and find something they can use for a home.  :text-woo:

19richie66

Working but not on a horse. Maybe next weekend between the raindrops

JimD

Working our butts off here to get this place into shape for our Summer's End family party tomorrow. The garage is ready if we need it due to rain, now on to the party pad to get it cleaned up and ready if it doesn't rain.Trying to be ready for anything will kill ya. :banghead:   Oops, gotta go, Momma is :teasing-whipyellow::laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

slammer302

Took the family out to our place at the lake and i going to get some seat time in on the WH I have down here

rmaynard

Labor day weekend is usually the time that I start to slowly transition the shed from summer contents to fall. Getting the Cyclone Rake prepped for the coming leaves is the big thing. Oil change, spark plug, drain the tank and add fresh e-free gas. Since I have a new tractor to pull it with this year, I have to install the hitch and custom boot. The grandkids wading pools go to the rafters and the snow shovels come down. The last of this years mulch pile gets spread around the fragile plants, and then, in about 30 minutes from now, my daughter and son-in-law are meeting the wife and me and it's off to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

post-2221-0-71557900-1409424042_thumb.jp

• Like 8

stevasaurus

Saturday...college football and grilling  Sunday...college football (taped games from Sat) and grilling  Monday...any college football games I have not seen yet, fishing if I have seen them all and grilling.  :)

I did the horse mowing lawns on Thursday so I could do the above all weekend.  I know it sounds boring, but I have been at tractor shows the last 2 weekends...nice to spend a weekend at home.  :bow-blue:

GO ILLINOIS AND BIG TEN  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 3

Martin

planning on a trip to New Glarus tomorrow........ :orcs-cheers:

today, i am tinkering in the garage reviving (desulfating) some of my dead lg batteries, working on the front axle/wheels/steering of the c160 and resisting calls from the other horses for attention. i got the bug with the c160 the other day after dragging it out, changing the oil and getting it out for some seat time. man i love that tractor, its got its old clothes on and its just an honest old thing......

and although I'm not watching football, I'm getting some tv time in as well........

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Hey Martin...you know what else is RED and needs some serious attention??   Janine's Bloody Marys  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

Martin

the bloody marys aren't my cup of tea, Steve. i had to run and get some cucumber vodka for her the other day, pity i can't use it in any of the vodka drinks i like....

it is nearly time for some for you though..... :thumbs:

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

953 nut

:woohoo:   I too will be getting a little seat time preparing for the leaves. I have four 2 year old bins of compost to consolidate into one and a huge pile of last year's partly composted leaves that need to be put in bins to make room for this year's supply. The FEL on the GT-14 will get a workout and I will be loving every minute of it.  :woohoo: 

squonk

Steve, hope you get some grillin in this weekend. I don't know how you retired guys find the time for fishin n grillin  :) Starting to get some winter prep in. Moved the weights and blower out of the shed, Had lunch by the lake. Tomorrow I'm filling a pair of Silvertowns with RV antifreeze for Ezra's snowblowin job this winter as well as tearing him apart and installing a new lift cable for the slot hitch. I'm using a modified 520 lift cable for the job  :thumbs:

post-2380-0-14040400-1409437122_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-77950000-1409437191_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-25958300-1409437218_thumb.jp

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:dunno:  Chances are...      :handgestures-thumbsup: 

you'll find me and the Mrs Rules just kayaking the Hudson again.  

post-3498-0-53777500-1409436725_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-08651600-1409436869_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-72516000-1409436885_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-86910700-1409437305_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Geno

Steve, hope you get some grillin in this weekend. I don't know how you retired guys find the time for fishin n grillin  :) Starting to get some winter prep in. Moved the weights and blower out of the shed, Had lunch by the lake. Tomorrow I'm filling a pair of Silvertowns with RV antifreeze for Ezra's snowblowin job this winter as well as tearing him apart and installing a new lift cable for the slot hitch. I'm using a modified 520 lift cable for the job  :thumbs:

Man that plate of food looks good!   :text-woo:

fireman

Hey Craig is that the old Bannerman's in the background?

• Like 1

squonk

How's the sunburn? Applying a second coat?

posifour11

Wife took the kids to see her parents. I'm home, playing farmer. Sold some pigs, etc.rebuilding the carb on my poor old Plymouth pickup I've been neglecting. Sharpening blades on my b-80 so I can go back to work Tuesday.

redidbull

Heading to the drag races in NY tomorrow. Resting on Monday I hope. Jim

shorts

Resting today after 6 hours of welding yesterday, need to go to the farm stand and get supplies to make pickles tomorrow.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Shorts...your pickles were excellent...THANK YOU.  I have an old recipe for some hamburger pickles with turmeric in them that I have had a taste for lately.  I think I am going to make them again...maybe tomorrow.  :)

• Like 1

nhunt308

Lake Lake and more lake for me!!! but now wife and daughter are asleep so out to the garage i go!

HorseFixer

Paul, What will it take for Ole Duke to get some Pickles? WTF :eusa-think:   Guess my Relish and Juice ain't good NO MORE guess I will hafta start Bribing with Vinyl or glass!  :thumbs: 

~Duke

• Like 2

Buzz

We had our end of summer barbeque at my daughters house Sunday. I'm working a double shift today at the Electric Company. 16 hours work = 40 hours pay. Hard to refuse. I was hoping for a quiet day but we had several T-storms come through the area last night so we're still doing some restoration and clean up.