northguy

700 Work Horse help please

northguy

I have started working on my tractor and need some help please. One of the tie rods broke off as i was wiping the dirt off of it. Just pulled out of the socket. Glad it did not brake while driving it. So I want to replace all of them cause they must be worn too. I guess stock parts are not around any more, so what do you guys do in this case?

Plus I am in Ontario (Canada) can any one suggest a place to get parts for this tractor. I need tires and if I order from the dealers in the USA they kill me on the fees crosing the border. So is there a place up here that anyone uses?

Also, this is going to get some of you mad but I am concerned that if I keep using the stock motor I may brake it or wear something out. Can not get any motor parts here. So I was thinking of pulling it and instaling a newer motor so I can use it. And still keep the stock motor so it could be put back in. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

post-13415-0-42643100-1409407277_thumb.j

Ed Kennell

:WRS:   What a good looking tractor... I really like that hood.  Sorry I can't help with suppliers info, but I'm sure some of your countrymen will reply.

Geno

:text-yeahthat:    Very nice tractor you got there and  :text-welcomewave:

Racinbob

That's a sweet looking tractor :thumbs:

Tie rods are pretty easy to make with new ball joints or threaded rod ends. Most good hardware stores have them. You can find them on Ebay and I don't think you'd get dinged too hard for shipping.

gwest_ca

Go to

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/

and do a search for 3870012. They call them a rod end.

The only problem is they are a fine thread and unless you have the ability to thread a piece of rod there are not many other options. If you have a truck spring shop they should have a spring center bolt that is 3/8" diameter and these come with a lot of thread on them. You may find a bolt that is long enough. A 12" bolt used to have about 9" of fine thread on them. Cut off as needed.

An old well established auto parts supplier will be familiar with Dorman - a hardware company that supplies the above joint but they call them throttle ball joints.

Garry - on the other side of the park.

Tyler9014

Original Motor should be a H70 Tecumseh. Should be fairly easy to get parts for. I have a Workhorse 700 and the original H70 was a great runner but very hard to start.

Ed Kennell

The loose tie rods can be tightened by some careful peening with a hammer and punch.