ep103

Fuel Pump issue

ep103

I am working on a Toro Wheel Horse, and just about have everything ready to go except the fuel pump is giving me fits, the Tractor is Model 72083 Ser. 4901184, the engine is a Kohler CV16S Spec.# 61514, I took the tank off and cleaned it all out, I put a new fuel line from the tank forward, replaced the fuel filter. I can blow on the fuel line and hear it gurgle in the tank, I can suck on the fuel line and pull fuel into the filter, the pulse line feels like it has plenty of pulse, I tried a plastic Briggs and Stratton style pump, and it didn't work either, I am open to any suggestions you may have. Thank you..

Geno

If you pull the fuel line off at the carb and crank the engine do you get fuel?  Don't tell the EPA I said that.  :laughing-rolling:

ep103

yes I have the fuel line off from the fuel pump to the carb and nothing is coming out.  Have tried 2 different pumps.  Really puzzling

Geno

Have you tried working the pump manually to see if it works?

ep103

It's a pulse type, but thank you all for the replies, I finally did find the problem, I replaced the fuel line from the tank to the filter, but didn't replace the short section from the filter to the pump, and after close inspection today I found a split in the line and that was the culprit..

Geno

Glad you found it.  :text-woo:

ep103

Thank you, me too..