Geno

417A top cover and belt tension rod wear

Geno

Anyone else had this problem?  The hydro drive belt tension rod seems to still be available but not the top plate, so I ran down the street and Scot made me some new parts.  He's the bomb.  The top plate is now 4 times as thick and stainless.  Here are some pics of before and after, new parts are still in the rough here.

He also now has the unavailable top plate in his CNC plasma cutter software so he can make one for anyone who needs one out of whatever material + thickness you want.  He has the rod in there too and the Wheel Horse script of course in that style you see.  Terry (Vinylguy) had a hand in helping with the correct writing style for the Wheel Horse lettering part, he's the best too.  :)

post-13404-0-81922600-1409256623_thumb.j

post-13404-0-16944300-1409256638_thumb.j

post-13404-0-96357500-1409256645_thumb.j

post-13404-0-46605700-1409256902_thumb.j

• Like 4

jackhammer

Mine is elongated but not wore thru as that one and I was wondering if you had the series II -  I see it is an 86 so it probably is

JackC

What money does he need to get to make each part to replace the factory parts from similar material to make it worth his while?

Maybe he could become a vendor for some of the now unavailable parts?

Geno

Mine is elongated but not wore thru as that one and I was wondering if you had the series II -  I see it is an 86 so it probably is

Yes it is a Series II.  If it's elongated the rod may have a lot of wear in it.  With the new rod installed it doesn't get anywhere near the front of the slot and it works sooooooooo easy. 

Geno

What money does he need to get to make each part to replace the factory parts from similar material to make it worth his while?

Maybe he could become a vendor for some of the now unavailable parts?

It's something he wants to do for all of us but he has a several large projects going on at the moment.  :)   As far as price I think you may be amazed, he buys 4X8 sheets of metal by the truck load. 

Geno

Spent all afternoon at Scots making Wheel Horse stuff.  He said he can make the dash panel in steel for 45.00 and 403 stainless steel for 65.00.  Pretty awesome for a discontinued part, I plan on having him do a lot of stainless stuff for several of my older and newer tractors and will keep you all advised on what we make.  :)

We also made some snow plow links, and some ornaments.  I'll try to post them tomorrow or Monday.  :icecream:

The 4' Horse head logo and writing is done and in the trailer thread. 

Geno

Here is a pic with the stainless piece installed.  I still have to get with Terry and get decals for it and put the Wheel Horse logo on it.  I think the front panel will be the next thing to do in stainless.  :text-woo:

post-13404-0-73872600-1410351901_thumb.j